Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Headache as HIV symptom ?

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
Four months ago, I had unproteced sex with a gay male who I met on the internet. We engaged in oral sex and rubbed our penises together. I put the tip of my penis on his, therefore, I'm pretty sure our fulids got exchanged... was this a high risk? Some people have been saying that HIV virus dies instantly when it's exposed to air...

Also, I am not sure who to believe for oral sex. Some say that it's a low risk, others say that it's a high risk. And a few say that it's no risk. Is oral sex a possible way of contracting HIV?

I have been having swollen lymph nodes under my jaws and lumps on the sides of my neck. I am super worried that these are from HIV (I've never experienced this before). And I get burning sensations around the lump on my neck as well. Also, I've been experiencing a bad headache for the past week and a half. Does this indicate that I'm HIV positive? Is headache a symptopm of HIV?

Thank you so much for your help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Get tested...there is no other way to tell if you are HIV +

Oral sex and what you describe are low risk but its low risk,not no risk...get tested to be sure you are OK
|
Did you find this post helpful?