Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Headache and dizziness after hitting head

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
a couple of days ago i hit my head really hard. and first i kinda blacked out. and i coudlnt remembeer hitting my head, all i could remember is when i was on the floor after. and now a couple of days later i still have a head ace, and this morning i got up dizzy and trew up. help me? could somethign be wrong??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 4th, 2010
Hello.

It is difficult to say if there is any internal injury. You should get an evaluation from a neurologist as soon as possible. Vomiting and dizziness could be signs of increased pressure in the skull. You might need a screening head scan to rule out any internal bleeding.

Regards

This post is for the purpose of providing medical information and is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a doctor. This post is not intended to give or rule out a diagnosis, create a doctor-patient relationship or replace an existing one.

|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2010
hmmm, yes there is obviously sometthing wrong but assuming that your the same age as me( 15 or roundabouts) then it might just be puberty tbh mate. At the end of the day, its better to check with a doctor as it might be a tumour or something but dont worry because im 95% certain that its just puberty being mean lol x
|

replied August 24th, 2010
CONCUSSION!
that is a concussion! go to a doctor!!!!!
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.