Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Headache after hitting head

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
About 2 days ago I was running down a flight of stairs, I slipped and hit the back of my head on the stairs. I was knocked out for a minute and don't remember what happened till my friends told me about this later. Its been 2 days and my head still aches with my eyes being sensitive to light and my head ache lasts the whole day. Could someone please tell me if its a serious conditions.
Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MandMs
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
When the duration of unconsciousness is less than 30 minutes, and the memory loss for events before or after the incident lasts less than 24 hours, the injury is usually diagnosed as a mild brain injury (there is no structural damage to the brain tissue).

Headache is the most common symptom and may last for days or weeks following the trauma.
Other early symptoms that rapidly follow the mild brain injury are light sensitivity, ringing in the ears, nausea, vomiting, balance problems.
You may feel irritable, cranky, vulnerable, and have sleeping problems.
If you start to experience worsening headache, persistent vomiting, increasing disorientation or a deteriorating level of consciousness, you should consult a physician immediately.

Headache and light sensitivity should subside after days or weeks (there are some cases when headache is present for much longer).

Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied April 24th, 2009
Experienced User
You really should go to the doctor or even the hospital to make sure there is no damage, if you haven't already.
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2011
hitting head on the stairs (under)
my partner was under the stairs and as she got up she hit her head very hard and fell to the floor in pain.
it is now the next day and she is still in pain with headache what can i do part from tablets
|

replied May 13th, 2013
SEVERE HEADACHE
A few days ago I experienced a punch in the head. That was sunday night, it is now tuedsay and i have been having a persistent headache around my whole head. how long could this last? and could i have faced a head injury.
|