Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

head twitching sensation ?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
hi all recently ive been getting like a nerve head twitch type thing and it feels real uncomfortable and annoying ...its not really noticable as when it came on i asked my brother if he could see it and he said he couldnt.. well lately ive been getting a bit stressed out over nothing really and also i do drink alcohol and eat junk food sometimes like take aways ect..
has anyone had the same experience?
and what could be cuasing this
thanks in advance
john
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper candlelight
|

replied September 19th, 2008
If its you scalp, it might be a magnesium deficiency.
If is is yuor head it might be copper. Try magnesium supplement, if it does not work ask your doctor to test the specific copper mineral working on your brain.
|

replied March 23rd, 2009
head twitches
i keep having the exact same sensation. it makes me so paranoid and makes me not wana leave the house. if i go out to college or work and i am in public, that is when it hapens. its like i only do it wen im in public because im nervous.
|

replied November 15th, 2009
twitches
i've had this for years too. I get a heavy sensation on one side of my brain and sometimes i feel nervous impulses inside my head. i also twitch from head to toe when im resting. its not painful but it is distressing. blood tests show no abnormalities or deficiencies. would love to know how to make it go away.
|

replied March 2nd, 2010
this has happend to me recently like in the past 3 months and gets more frequent and less frequent as time goes by. currently my head twitches every five seconds its really anooying but has no pain i have no idea whats causing it but made an appt to see a nuerologist at the end of the month i drink every weekend but its not exssecive
|

replied August 1st, 2010
I know what you're talking about. I got a job recently (before that been unemployed for 4 months and got really used to the company of my mind and no one else and developed some form of anxiety when in public) and it started happening when I sat in orientation with other people. It's like a twitch or a pulse sometimes in the front of my head or the back almost always the right hemisphere. It doesn't hurt, but it happens often. (once every 5 minutes or so and seems to be triggered by a thought process no matter if its positive or negative) Its not the scalp, though oddly enough it feels like it is but like, underneath the skull. Its driving me nuts and It's scaring the hell outta me. It's making me think I'm inches away from going insane, or that I have a brain tumor or something. It's also making paying attention to the present really difficult. I wish it would go away but I think the only option I have is to overcome my anxiety and that may do the trick.
|

replied February 15th, 2011
I've had this too recently and was getting worried but I'm glad it seems to be related to anxiety as I've been working a little to hard lately... the twitches are also on the back right side and at one point they were like every 5-10 seconds and lasted a blink of an eye...my blood pressure was 145/87 and since I brought it down to 120-130 I feel much better now...
|

replied June 9th, 2011
The same thing has been happening to me for at least the past year. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who this happens to as it really freaks me out. Going to the doctor they suggested I see an eye doctor and it did turn out I was ever so slightly far sided, getting glasses for reading helped a little for a while. I also have ADHD and have not been on my meds for some time, someone suggested to me that that's possibly what it is, is just my ADHD causing this and the feelings of it happening when it doesn't seem to be.

I also many times feel like this is happening and that my head and body is twitching when in fact it isn't. Hopefully this will all go away for us all soon.
|

replied January 14th, 2012
Head twich
I have a head twitch when I read or focus on something close up. When I am stressed it is worse and happens more but when I am in good health not as much. The MRI did not find anything. The doctor said it was blood flow dificiency to the brain but it is really unknown other than stress, could be also from being far sided.
Some vitamins could help also. Does anyone have similar symtoms
|

replied January 15th, 2012
Head twitching
I have had some of the same sensations, feels like a jerk, not all of the time but about 3-4 times a day. I particularly notice them when I'm nervous or tired. I asked my husband if he notices and he hasn't. It's really scary. I feel sometimes like I am getting Parkinson's but only in my head!
|

replied February 28th, 2012
Head twitching
I have the same thing as you guys. My head twitches once every 10 mins or so, especially when I'm either stressed/nervous or just really focused at something ( computer or speaking to someone). It can be a pretty big twitch too so it's kind of embarrassing at times! Could possibly because of stress, working and going to school. I went to the doctor's, he said all looks fine but to see the neurologist if it continues. I think I'll end up doing that. Anyone have an idea what supplements to take to help? Vitamins? Minerals? Thanks!
|

replied April 30th, 2012
I have a quivering feeling inside my head - I notice it in the mornings as I'm waking up. Nothing external - just this weird feeling like an involuntary twitch. Haven't spoken to a doc yet...
|

replied May 8th, 2012
Snap!

I have a twitch in my head, completely painless and feels like the same type of twitch as those that occur on the eye etc.

I have been under alot of stress lately (moving to spam unapproved from uk) and it seems worse than ever. I have also been drinking heavily for s couple weeks.

I am also getting anxiety surges throughout my body! It's really shaken me up.

I tried some breathing & relaxation exercises in bed last night and they helped, although the encounters have continued today!
|

replied May 8th, 2012
Snap!

I have a twitch in my head, completely painless and feels like the same type of twitch as those that occur on the eye etc.

I have been under alot of stress lately (moving to spam unapproved from uk) and it seems worse than ever. I have also been drinking heavily for s couple weeks.

I am also getting anxiety surges throughout my body! It's really shaken me up.

I tried some breathing & relaxation exercises in bed last night and they helped, although the encounters have continued today!
|

replied June 11th, 2012
Hi, has anybody got any more answers about this?

I've also been getting scalp spasms recently. It definitely feels like it's my scalp, and it's almost like something is pulling it. It's interesting about scalp spasms possibly being from a magnesium deficiency, as I have been spraying magnesium oil onto my skin for the last few months. Still not enough maybe? Or something else?

I am stressed about stuff all the time, mainly a family situation.

I was wondering if I've been pulling my hair too tight when I put it up, but I think that's just wishful thinking/being in denial!

I'm going to see the doctors about it in a few weeks, will see what she says.
|

replied June 28th, 2012
It usually feels like my sight goes faster than my brain when that happens. My brain stays in the one scene my eye just recently took and then my brain makes one twitch and then it goes back to normal.
|

replied January 16th, 2013
Hi there. I've been having head twitches/jerks for 2-3 years now. Previously, I had muscle tension and it has progressed to tension and head jerks. The tension and jerks usually occur when I want to concentrate on something and when I'm under stress. I had to quit my job last year and underwent DBS surgery. It doesn't help with the head jerks! The only thing DBS helps is the tension. I'm looking into trigger point therapy now cause the jerking of the head is really troubling cause now I'm afraid to go to interviews.

By the way, I always feel as if I "press" on a certain trigger which brought on the head jerks. i hope I can find a way to cut off the connection "it" soon.
|

replied June 25th, 2013
try this,it might work for you
hey guys I have the same thing as u guys experienced,i tried multivitamins and It calms me down ,a lot. maybe you guys can do some research on fructose intolerant and lactose intolerant,maybe its your diet problem.too much sugar makes head twitching that's what I found out for myself.eat little in everything,example a whole chicken,you can just take a quarter out of it.see if this help,two hard boiled eggs for breakfasts helps me calm down a lot.trust me,im in this for almost a year,dont ask urself why this happens,ask what you should do.and just think about this,why shld you fear people? what if tmr ur dead and u look back thinking I shld not waste my time worrying and fearing ,but that's when its too late to even regret.guys,i know it don't feel good,but you can make it feel better,your mind is the biggest enemy of your body,dont think abt anything when u r out,just let the nature flow ur mind.it helps,i no longer have head shakes anymore,but I still experience lil twitches whenever I thinking n worrying abt will the twitches happens.
|

replied June 25th, 2013
oh yes and this!
you can also try centrum mulitivitamins,its good for skin too.
|