Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

head trauma

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
about six months ago I hit the top of my head on the corner of a shed. I developed a bump that never went away. I went to a dermatolagist who cut it a said it was deeper and sent me to a plastic surgeon. I haven't gone yet but does anyone have any suggestion on if it can be removed. Its not a cyst so I think it may be like a calcium buildup.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
grechian,

If it is an exostosis (bump of bone), it is possible to take it off. However, most surgeons will recommend that they be left alone, if they are not bothering you or in a conspicuous spot.

It would entail reflection the soft tissue off the bone, then using a chisel and hammer, the bone is carefully knocked off (just like a bump on a log). The soft tissue is replaced over the area and closed. So, you trade a scar for the bump.

But, yes, it is possible to remove exostoses.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply