Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Head sores and burning throat as symptoms of an infection

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I have been getting hair loss, head sores, burning scalp and burning throat for about 5 months now. I have been to many different doctors and get different diagnosis, none of which has helped. I have been on antibiotics (tetrycycline) Valtrex, Fluconazole, ( i stopped taking it after 2 weeks the side effects were awful ). Don't know what to do please help.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2009
General Q and A Answer A8112
Thank you for your question on ehealthforum.

Head sores and a burning throat may be symptoms of infection. Hair loss also occurs in infection of hair follicles (folliculitis). Most cases respond slowly to antibiotics. Dietary measures, use of antibacterial soaps and hand washing apart from antibiotics are needed.

As certain dermatological conditions can also cause sores, a proper evaluation of the condition needs to be done by a dermatologist. Please consult a dermatologist for the examination and treatment. Thank You.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.