Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

head pressure , wake up exhausted

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
im a 29 yr old male. i have greatt health and always have. about four months ago i started to get headaches that were main felt on my left side and they would somewhat throb and cause dizziness (but not vertigo dizzy). i also started to have problems sleeping. i would wake up feeling unrefreshed and literally fought with all my strenghth to remain awake. many times i would have to lie down because i could not stay awake and was soo exhausted. i would get 8 hours of sleep, so it wasnt from lack of sleep. this persisted for about a month. the headaches would come and go, but about two months ago, they returned and have not left. i have had every test imaginable done to find a cause (ekg, eeg, mri, sleep study, spinal tap, numerous blood tests), but all came back negative. i had started to develope a bit of anxiety from all of this. the sleep problem subsided about a month after it came, but within this last month has returned. and the headache feels ore like head pressure rather than ache (not like a migraine, which ive only had one once before 8 years ago). so my gp and i have concluded it might be from stress and anxiety. ive started taking generic zoloft at 25mg to help with things and possibly get results. its been almost a week now and things dont seem much better. i do have bouts where im falling asleep but i keep awaking cause my brain feels like its twitches and i awake, but dont jerk with my body. this also was goin on a few times prior to the meds. does this seem like something neurologically wrong, or could there be another explanation? thank you for your time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 8th, 2010
i forgot to say that at times my neck seems very tight and tense, not my neck muscles, but it feels more like the brainstem/spinal cord.
|
Did you find this post helpful?