Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

head pressure and physical symptoms of anxiety

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
Head pressure and body aches from anxiety?

I just started having physical symptoms of anxiety in the beginning of july. Every day i feel like i am gonna die or something is seriously wrong with me. I dont feel myself and i over analyze every feeling my body has now.

Bad, annoying head pressure. Flutters in my chest. Random body aches that last a few seconds or so. Vision changes. Tingling in my arms. Numbing in my extremities. Why does this happen for no reason? Even if i am in a good mood, it ruins my day.

Went to the hospital thinking i was gonna have a heart attack and they took an ekg test, it was "stellar" aka awesome... Blood tests came back normal. My doctor said its my anxiety.

Need some reassurance from people going through the same...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ChrisKJ
|

replied September 10th, 2012
Hi, I also had so many test done and everything came back normal except for my estrogen and vitamin D. I just now started to feel so much better afte taking prescription vitamin D. I was sitting here reading this and I was like, OMG I experienced all of this. I guess what put me at ease was that I had an EKG done like 3 times, had a chest x-ray, a CT scan.... I know, I was making myself crazy but anxiety really does cause all of these physical symptoms. Hope you fell better.
|

anxiety sufferer
I know exactly what you are going through and i am so sorry you are experiencing these feelings, i have been recently put on permanent disability for severe panic disorder and anxiety i can no longer work due to the symptoms, i have been through every test known to man my doctor put me on buspirone aka buspar everyday and it helps i used to never leave the house but this med helps. if i have attacks bad i take ativan and it helps me sleep and calms me down. The symptoms of anxiety run in families, my mom suffers from the same thing as does my brother just not as bad. I pray you get some help from your doctor and be reassured your not alone.
|

NIVEMI,
The brain is an amazing thing. 10 years ago, I was convinced that I was seriously ill and going to die.
What began as minor aches and pains eventually became what 'appeared' to be (to myself anyway) serious medical conditions. I did not know at the time that I was suffering from anxiety and depression. Over the space of about 6 months, I was tested for everything from Cat Scratch Disease to HIV. No Doctor could explain my symptoms, or understand the pain that I was in. Eventually, I was prescribed an antidepressant (Celexa), and all the pain that I had been experiencing dissapeared within a matter of days.
I have been taking antidepressants for ten years now, and a few months ago, started having anxiety attacks again. Even though I KNOW that it's only anxiety, It's still difficult to cope.
I have come to realize that I made a mistake in not getting further help 10 years ago. Meds alone (Antidepressants) are NOT the solution. Most General Practicioners do not fully understand Depression and anxiety, and cannot help us in the long term. We need to recognize anxiety and depression for what it is, and take control of it.
On October 9th, I have an appointment with a psychiatrist for the first time. I am going to beat this, and get off the meds.
Here is the amazing thing. All day today, I could not breathe. I wanted to cry. I wanted to die.
I found this forum, and just signed up 20 minutes ago,
and read your post.
After writing this, I suddenly feel good again. The panic that I have been feeling all day, has passed.
The brain is an amazing thing.
Cheers,and best wishes.
Chris.
|

replied September 11th, 2012
Chris,

You are so right. The brain is an amazing thing. I really hope and pray that everything goes your way, that you are able to get the help you need and get off your meds. You will overcome this, you just have to believe and have faith.
|

replied April 17th, 2013
4 Months ago,I collapsed at work with severe chest pains and back aches.Bloods,EKG,X-rays,Echo you name it ...all clear. It happened again and was then referred to a Cardiologist...again all clear after all the tests again. My Anxiety is out of control now, I am most comfirtable at home on the couch or in bed.I am dizzy 80% of the day, my heart rate is through the roof,I have constant chest spasms and back aches. I have now been referred to a Psychologist so I am hoping this will help because the last 3 months have been hell.
|