Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

head preassure dizziness clogged ears (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
for the past four months i have had pressure in my head that feels very weird. I also have had pressure in my face and ears. the past four months have been very hard foe me i lost my mother in law unexpectiadly. Moved out of state very far away from my family. i have the weird pressuer weird feeling in my head. I have pressure at times in my face and jaw. I find that i clench my jaw alot and i have also been told that i grind my teeth in my sleep. My body gets very heavy at times. My hands will ache and they will feel weak at times. dont very often get headaches but when i do they are very mild and it causes pressure in my face basically and i will aslo get a burning sensation in my head times as well.When I walk around especially in public p,laces i get really really dizzy like i am going to pass out but i never have. I have also felt at times k=like i am falling but i never do. I sweat slot at nihgt and have a hard time sleeping. at times im also feel like i get body jolts at time it feels like my body just jolts. also at times i feel trapped like i am stuck inside my body and i get closterfobic like i cant breath and i get really really dizzy i have never passed out. i know it sounds relly weird. i also have a constant fear of having a stroke brain anneroysoum seizuer. i worry all the time. i also get popping feelin almost like a cracking feeling in my head and neck and it will cause dizziness for a few seconds.its really weird. I have been diagnosed with anxiety but i have a hard time believeing anxiety can cause this.i have tons of blood work done all came back normal. My blood pressure has also been normal everytime i have been to the dr. i had my cholestral checked and it was normal
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper William23
|

replied February 26th, 2011
anxiety
Peaches26,
I have been told that I suffer from anxiety as well.... I forever have some type of cold, pressure in head and ears, feel dizzy/lightheaded, feeling like I'm going to pass out, but I never do. I also get numbness/tingling feeling in legs, hands, and just yesterday my right side of my face and head.. It was the scary feelings ever.. I've had this symptoms for about 4 yrs now. Some days a better than others.. But normally every day I have a feeling of dread or that shaky feeling inside my body, No one else can see my shaking, but I can feel it...
Like you have have also had blood test done and everything has come back fine.. I also get this weird vision thing, like if I look at horizontal line or patterns on a floor, they start to vibration, like they are moving... I know its just anxiety, but i scare my self into thinking that its something more...
I have read in another form where sinus issues and inner ear problems seem to make anxiety worse, because we keep dwelling on the issue and thinking that its something worse than what it really is..
I hate this feeling and I don't want to take anti-depressants, because then I feel like I'm weak and I don't want to depend on meds to make me feel better...
I'm here if you need someone to talk too...
|

replied April 15th, 2011
i too have that shakey feeling everyday...somedays are worse than others...WHY!!!???? this started for me about 2 years ago, after several major traumatic events occured...one right after the other. I just wish i knew what to do to make this go away !!!!!!!!!!!!
|

replied September 6th, 2011
hi iam going through the same thing are you feeling better now please update with me i need your help
|

replied April 9th, 2012
That's interesting cause I have build up of wax also and sinus issues...I wondered if anxiety might be the cause. And sorrasis in my hair. Dermatologists have said yes it can be related to stress...
|

replied May 23rd, 2012
Anxiety
OMG I thought I was alone I didnt believe I had anxiety either until I have been rushed to the hospital in the ambulance 25 times and kept in the hospital for all of my blood work chest xrays and mri's to come back normal. My ears clog up as if I am on a plane I get tightness in my chest like asthma, I get nervous and my tongue goes numb or feels very weird. I get pain in my legs and sometimes in my neck. My vision is like I cant focus and my face gets hot, my heart beats like its coming out of my chest. Now for two days my hand and arms has a hot feeling. I just dont know I feel like either I am going to pass out or die each time. What has worked for me is drinking very cold water and placing continuous water on my face I keep buying water while i am having this attack. I am finally going to see a neourologist to check everything, my cardiologist says If i die from anything it wont be a heart attack , but then what will it be. I need to make sure I am out of danger of a stroke. It is so scary, stay away from coffee, cafeine and salt also aggrevates anxiety they are enemies trust me I drunk coffee today and had a horrible attack.
|

replied December 21st, 2012
Wow im so glad I found your post it feels like you went through exactly what im going through right now! I notice a lot of other posters are describing similar simptoms as mine. Dizzyness happens very rarely however. This all started about 2 months ago. Things go so crazy when I started thinking I had parasites in my colon because at night I felt movements in my rectom. I did so many tests and they all came back negative, but I still requested to take meds for it on two ocasions. The third time I went they said that they cant give me any meds without knowing for a fact that I had something and the did a rectom check and again found nothing. Although that did relieve me, at this point hadaches started getting worse and to be more frequent. I am a person who is usually very active and NEVER take tylenols but around this time I stopped exercising due to anxiety. At this point I felt like my heart started beating irregularly as if it was trying to come out from the side. Went to the hospital for a check as I thought it was a heart attack but they assured me it wasnt and that I was fine. At this point I started taking tylenols because of the headaches and I actually though that I was diying but from a desease that no one knows about which made stress even more. One day I had a terrible headache and decided to go to the clinic and they asked me if it was the worst ever which according to me it was. so I went to the emergency and they did a mri and again found NOTHING. At times I would feel like im about to pass out or that I may die. But ill admit thaT after every check up I calm down when im told that I have noting it it aventually goes away. I started thinkign worst case scenarios and sarching on google which according to my family would make matters worse since it makes more worry for things I dont even have. I think it may very well be anxiety and I hope that all these feelings will go away become im not used to all of this. At times I would also feel warm sensations on my feel, not painfull at all but very odd as I would never feel these before. I am 27 years old. Let me know if it ever got any better since! I hope to be of help to anyone else I encounter once healed from it and help them calm down as anxiety must be the cause if after check ups nothing is found. thanks!
|

replied June 15th, 2012
anxiety
I feel the same way.
|

replied June 15th, 2012
I feel the same way, its been going on for a month now. Ive had bloodwork done and it came back normal. I feel weak in my arms and legs, dizzy, really withdrawn, pressure in my ears,it really sucks and is scary lol
|

replied August 6th, 2012
very dizzy cant think straight cant hear
I have been experincing symptms similar. Especially in the mornings just feels like I'm out of it. I had a cat scan done and blood work which came back fine. I get tingling and mild numbness in my right arm. They said its anxiety so they gave me xanax. I was suppose to have a job interview now but my concentration is slipping and I have clogged ears and sumtimes pressure. This all started a month ago and is not getting better. I eat superhealthy and work out. I just want to feel normal again. I also have pale face which happened once at work where I was about to collapse and had increased heart beat. I now get mild headaches taste buds are gone and not much appetit and nasea. Anyone have any advice?
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied August 16th, 2012
Hi maygin i really wana talk to u about my problem.....get back to me asap....its
My email id.....
|

replied May 20th, 2013
hy peaches didnt ever think when i printed in to google that any one could feel the same i im crying cause every thing u said it s identical im so new to p c had a job getting logged in i do hope u:v overcome this awful feeling i to have ad so much stress my husband died very sudden be4 christmas bin 2 4 more funerals since then been awful but seemed 2 b coping got 3 girls hav nt told them about this feeling cant tell u ow this will help read all the other remarks ope the allfeel bettertake care peaches xxx heliky
|

replied June 15th, 2011
OMG am soo happy i found this post..ive been finding answers fr like frever. im just 19 yrs and i started thez symptoms when i was 17..doc did bloodwork everythng was fine..i always thnk i like have the worst of diseases n i jst cnt help stop myslf..am usually too scard 2 tell my parents!!i have the following symptoms. my muscles shake/vibrate when i use em.eg wen i put my arms up n brng em back down thy vibrate!!this happnz to my trunk teeth head legs fingers like my WHOLE BODY. mum thnks am mad.i have also byn gttn this numbness.tingling on the right side of my head with grinding/crushing sound i head and neck n i gt thz faint muscle aches at times.can all this be rilly anxiet??i wanna go 4 antha blood tst in 2 weeks tym n am goin bek 2 the ent for my clogged ear wich still has nt unblocked!!sory fr the lng post!!
|

replied July 11th, 2011
Anxiety !
It is Anxiety! good news is that it is treatable because I have it! good news there is hope keep your head up and continue with a postive attitude! Remember you are healthy physically but that stupid anxiety can cause all kinds of symptoms which leads to worry and before you know it your hyperventatin and paralized from it.
|

replied October 22nd, 2012
Anxiety
Yes, I agree! Anxiety can cause all the problems. The more you worry the worse it can get. I know its not as easy as it sounds but your fine......thats was I tell myself......I sometimes get myself so worked up I eventually hit the point when ive driven myself nuts then I just laugh at myself and go for a long ride with my favorite CD....I chaulk it up to "Its just part of who I am" and I get through it keep smiling your ok!
|

replied July 11th, 2011
Anxiety !
It is Anxiety! good news is that it is treatable because I have it! good news there is hope keep your head up and continue with a postive attitude! Remember you are healthy physically but that stupid anxiety can cause all kinds of symptoms which leads to worry and before you know it your hyperventatin and paralized from it.
|
Users who thank William23 for this post: Gigi29 

replied July 14th, 2011
wierd symptoms
ive had all the same symptoms for years.Ive made several trips to the Emergency room.Felt like I was having a stroke or heart attack,tingling on one side of my body and dizziness.It totally freaked me out,but they always said my ekg and blood pressure was normal.Recently Ive been having wierd twitches in my face and all over my body,wierd pressure in my face and ears and sometimes In my head.I also sometimes have ringing in my ears.I do have anxiety and depression that I take celexa for,but I find it hard to belive all this is from anxiety.It scares me.
|

replied September 6th, 2011
my doc said its the chemical inbalance just trust yourself and try to focus on other activities and keep yourself busy and you will forget about the sypmtoms happening in your body and they will go away eventually their is nothing to be worried about keep me posted about your health
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2012
I have some similar symptoms. I stated feeling very light-headed 3 months ago. Sometimes it is very extreme and makes me very panicky,sweats,shaky & dizzy(although I've never passed out). I sometimes have mild ringing in ears however no hearing loss. slight pains in left side of forehead and bridge of nose and in my ears (mainly left side). I have no nausea or any other symptoms (save one day at work when I had tunnel vision for 20 mins, however never had it since). I also usually sleep OK too. I had my ears checked at a clinic and no wax build-up or inflammation of the ears (although this was just a quick look at a drop in clinic by a nurse). Blood pressure slightly high and blood sugar ok. The dizziness is the most worrying thing. I'm in the process of getting a doctor for a full assessment. Will keep you posted. I don't think its general anxiety. I get anxious because I feel dizzy. I'm happy inside save from my faintness. Hope you all feel better soon.
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2012
I have some similar symptoms. I stated feeling very light-headed 3 months ago. Sometimes it is very extreme and makes me very panicky,sweats,shaky & dizzy(although I've never passed out). I sometimes have mild ringing in ears however no hearing loss. slight pains in left side of forehead and bridge of nose and in my ears (mainly left side). I have no nausea or any other symptoms (save one day at work when I had tunnel vision for 20 mins, however never had it since). I also usually sleep OK too. I had my ears checked at a clinic and no wax build-up or inflammation of the ears (although this was just a quick look at a drop in clinic by a nurse). Blood pressure slightly high and blood sugar ok. The dizziness is the most worrying thing. I'm in the process of getting a doctor for a full assessment. Will keep you posted. I don't think its general anxiety. I get anxious because I feel dizzy. I'm happy inside save from my faintness. Hope you all feel better soon.
|

replied February 18th, 2012
all my head
hi there, i have tinitis, pressure in my ears, jaw ache, tightness in my throat, dry eyes, nostrals and throat, and feeling of numbness sometimes across my nose and head around ears. everyday for 11 months now . anybody else ?? oh forgot to add aches and pains, its all very scarey, all bloods come back good, can all this be anxiety, the only thing i tend to get anxious about is this. thanks
|

replied February 25th, 2012
Anxiety
I have the same thing .. I feel pressure on the top of my head and I feel dizzy and my ears feel like there clogged ... I to suffer from anxiety ... I also get tingling feeling in my hands and arms .. Which I dwell on and leads me into I huge panic attack.. I hate this feeling and it all started when my dad died and that was 8 years ago from a massive heart attack ever since then I feel like that's what's happening to me or I have something bad wrong with me Sad
|

replied February 26th, 2012
hi there, do you have the achy jaw thing going on?? the thing that worries me is that i havent been through any trauma, and i dont have panic attacks, so can it be anything apart from anxiety. i used to get tingling in my fingers, but that went, and also a tight band feeling around my head , and that went too. do you get tinitis?? Why dont you get some counciling as you do know what has caused yours, maybe if you get it all out , it may help. I myself am going to arrange some counciling as it seems to be going on forever !
|

replied March 26th, 2012
For almost a week now I have felt crappy. Last Wed. I left work early because I felt like I was going to pass out, had tightness in my chest, and was coughing and felt like I couldn't breathe. I went home, tried to relax and did fall asleep for a few hours, then I was up, felt somewhat ok so went about my day, then couldn't fall asleep kept feeling like I couldn't breathe...the next day it was the same so I went to the urgent care at the hospital and was told based on what I described, that I was having an accelerated anxiety attack. It was really scary & off & on since I've felt the same way. I was told that it can be subconscious and you can be having an attack for reasons you aren't even aware of... and he said that I'd need to get cognitive behavioural therapy to 'unlearn' the behaviour and be able to control not ever having them, but if I do have an attack he told me not to try to do deep breathing to relax, that that actually makes the symptoms worse because you start to hyperventilate. He said to hold your breathe, or run up and down some stairs, or do jumping jacks, whatever... be said you never have an attack when you are exercising... so try those little techniques to see if it helps one of those overwhelming lightheaded spells... today I've had the cloudy head feeling, numb nose, and that 'dropping' feeling in your chest, like if someone just told you something real aweful.. you know that feeling? I get it all the time now...I hate it. It's really scary, it makes you worry something bad is happening to you & I'd love to talk to anyone who has the same cause I can't describe it to people who aren't having the sensations. I feel like they think I'm crazy.
|

replied April 16th, 2012
i have experienced all the same symptoms....and spend most days of my life very very scared. send me a message if you would like someone to chat to about things...i see your post is recent ! Smile
|

replied April 23rd, 2012
Anxiety
I have the same symptoms my head feels like it is going to explode my ears feel full it'd weird I am on Celxa for anxiety I have had anxiety for yrs now I was in Paxil it helped but they switched me and put me on Celxa I have been doing good on it but just started a few months ago with my head and ears
|

replied April 23rd, 2012
I have the same symptoms my head feels like it is going to explode my ears feel full it'd weird I am on Celxa for anxiety I have had anxiety for yrs now I was in Paxil it helped but they switched me and put me on Celxa I have been doing good on it but just started a few months ago with my head and ears
|

replied April 28th, 2012
anxiety fear
I have been having similar symptoms, slight headaches, tightness or pressure in jaw, even base of head and head and eyes. My whole head and ears feel super hot and I feel weak tired shaky and kinda dizzy. I get upset stomache quick throbs or pain in my upper back left or right, legs, groin . . . a lot of traumatic events have recently happened in my life. But I must say, my only peace has been the assurance Jesus has given me of His love, forgiveness and compassion He has for me and others. However as a human this mind and body is subject to fears I can't even understand. So I'm sensing that whatever is causing this anxiety, God can help me if I keep depending on Him. Jesus said you will have trouble in this world but He said "I have overcome this world" Hope this helps
|

replied June 15th, 2012
Thank you for telling the truth
I LOVE YALL.....for telling the truth! I have this terrible sensation of my ears clogging and like my head is filling with air and I am going to pass out. Anxiety is TERRIBLE......I will not take drugs unless it becomes unbareable; and that is different for all people. Heart palpitation, chest pains, muscle stiffness..I AM NOT CRAZY...I am busy, caring and considerate to the point it makes me literally...sick. Take care of yourselves.
|

replied June 15th, 2012
anxiety feeling shaky and weak
well this blog helped as i feel like that right now when im sitting down im fine soon as i walk or go out im dizzy feel like i cant walk this is all funny as we all know exactly whats wrong with us but yet still ruah to the hospital everytym it gets worst it feels different then before everytime i go hospital i tell my self if this is anxiety again im not going docs again but always do as some of you said i refuse to take medication as well as i know i am healthy we all need a healthy diet and a good life style and need to relax xx good luck to you all i hope we all get well soon
|

replied July 10th, 2012
Anxiety symptoms
I am exactly the same as all of you above. My head feels really stuffy, had ear pain and feel dizzy, lightheaded when I stand. I've been like this for the past year. Although I know it's anxiety I too can't help thinking there is something else wrong, even through I know it's just me being silly. Thing is, if you do keep yourself busy and take your mind off it it really does go away - until you slow down and it all comes back... Good luck everyone with it, looks like something we'll just have to live with.
|

replied July 22nd, 2012
I have these same symptoms. Does anyone else spit out a bloody mucus when try get the ear pressure and dizziness??? I do and it only happens when I get the pressure. On my phone right now, so only posting a short comment. I feel this right now. Let me know if you guys spit blood out with this.

Thanks!
Chad
|

replied August 14th, 2012
I get that feeling of pressure in the head and ears very regurlaly. Also to accompany that i have the feeling of depersonalisation, extreme nausea and dizzyness .. feeling as though i am going to pass out. It's aweful and i cannot believe aniety can cause us to feel this way!
|