Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

head injury to my left temple

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
about two weeks ago i tripped over and head butted a tree, as a result to this i ended up with a really painful bump next to my left temple. after a couple of days a yellow bruise came up around the lump, now it feels as though there could be a tiny bump still because there is a different between my left side and my right side. since i hit my head i have been getting really painful sharp headaches around the area that was hit. they make me feel dizzy and blur my vision occasionally. sometimes black splurges come up in my vision and i feel very tired all the time.should i go to a doctor or be worried ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi sineadheaney and welcome to ehealth: Any injury that makes you feel dizzy plus have blurred vision, should be checked out...I am not sure about you, but this would concern me...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied January 14th, 2013
be safe, not sorry, see a doctor
a torn vein causes bleeding between the dura and the brain. After being hit in the head, a person who is suffering from an epidural or subdural hematoma may not experience immediate symptoms. But if an artery or vein has been torn, blood will gradually gather in an area where there is very little space, putting more and more pressure on the brain.
|