Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Head and neck pain

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
I have so many symptoms and have seen so many doctors, but I haven't recieved good treatment. The doctors pass me to another doctor and I keep getting passed around and most say that I just need to talk to a counselor. This is real pain that I am feeling and I do not know what type of doctor to go to. Who can I go to to look at both my neck pain and head pain and how do I get them to listen without them thinking I am a hypochondriac. I have been on so many medications and none of them seem to help and I am feeling completely hopeless. I cannot go on living this type of life.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2009
Headache and Migraines Answer A5880

Most of the data you reported (Restless Leg Syndrome, numbness and tingling in arms and legs, severe earache for 3 months, sharp temple pains, daily chronic pain in the base of the head, clicking in the back of the neck) are related to subjective symptoms which can not be measured. You might want to visit a neurologist for EEG (Electroencephalography) and/or evoked potential test to determine if some damage in the brain or along the nerves has occurred. When you visit the doctor try to be calm, do not burst all your symptoms at once and do not oppose the doctor about the tests and the treatment at the very moment he suggests something. Thus, he/she might take you more seriously and you will avoid being taken as hypochondriac.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.