Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

he became unresponsive. Panic Attack?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
My husband and I were making dinner and he was leaned up against the counter. He said he felt he might have a panic attack and said he needed to release a nerve and began poking a nerve in the eye cavity. After a minute or so he became unresponsive. I could not get his arm to move away from his eye. It was completely locked up. I reached behind him and got cold water out of the faucet to splash on his face and neck. Still no response. I tried checking his pupils but it was extremely difficult to see them. His breathing was irregular and inconsistent. This lasted for 10 minutes , I was getting ready to call 911 considering I couldn't get any response. His heart rate seemed fine.
Finally he came to, and doesn't remember even feeling a panic attack coming on, or telling me about it .
I grabbed a bag of frozen peas and sat him outside in a chair to cool off. He said he was very hot and I gave him some water. I walked inside to turn off the stove and when I turned around he was walking thru the door and fell on the couch. I had him sit up... He was fairly responsive but he was speaking slowly, almost as if he was half asleep. I kept talking to him and finally he came to, and doesn't remember ANYTHING after us initially walking into the kitchen to make dinner. I'm scared but he insists it was a panic attack. What should we do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 26th, 2012
Experienced User
Yeah, that doesn't sound like any panic attack I've ever experienced or even heard about...and frankly, that whole eye things bothers me. I'd suggest getting him to a doctor--assuming for the moment that it wasn't a panic attack, you need to find out what's really going on.
|
Did you find this post helpful?