Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

**HCG 5000 Plus** weightloss "drops" ???? (Page 1)

Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....
Hey everyone,
so towards the end of April, i ordered this weight-loss supplement. i heard about it on tv commercials and also on radio broadcasts. So one morning i decided i would give it a try.

It claims that you will lose 1-2 lbs per day just by a few drops of this before every meal.

The first thing i noticed when i started taking it, was that it actually really did decrease my appetite, and i did become full ALOT faster. It seemed great.

The first week i took it, i lost nearly 2 lbs every day, then the next few days i lost maybe 1 lb if i was lucky. Towards the end of the second week of taking the drops daily, i became very very ill. I was throwing up nonstop,a bright, almost neon, yellow substance, and had to be submitted into to hospital, ended up with a burst appendix and was on bed rest for 6 weeks. ( drs said no underlaying cause to be found)

i haven't taken them since. and while in the hospital, i easily gained all the weight back, and a little excess Sad
I was curious to see if other people have tried these drops out and what their results were. If no one else got the side effect of what happened to me, i was thinking about giving them another shot.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper HCGElder
|

replied July 29th, 2011
HCG 5000 Drops
I think you had a personal problem that caused your issue. I have done two cycles and lost 45lbs with no health issues.
|

replied October 6th, 2011
Hey FootbalMark. Where did you buy the HCG drops? I've done a lot of research regarding HCG and am overwhelmed by the many different brands and different places to buy them. Did you buy a particular brand? Experience any dise effects?
|

replied February 7th, 2012
Yes.. I agree...
|

replied September 15th, 2011
hcg drops
Footballmark. What brand and where did you get your drops at? I am trying to find one that is worth taking. And did you follow the restrict diet that goes with it? I heard it could go either way. You either can follow it or just reduce what you normally eat and still lose the weight. Just curious.
|

replied September 19th, 2011
HCG5000 is a scam
This product, HCG5000, is a scam. I have used it as directed and suggested for 7 days now and have not lost an ounce. WebMD.com claims this product has not been proven for weight loss and after wasting all that money, I agree (http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-1641-Ever eady-HCG+5000+IM.aspx?drugid=1641&drugname =Eveready-HCG+5000+IM).

HCG5000 is a scam - don't buy into it!
|

replied January 9th, 2012
I have taken 1 cycle of HCG 5000 and lost 30 lbs-I did not have any health issues, actually felt good. It has been 4 months and I gained 4 pounds back but am getting ready for another cycle. It is not a scam, if you do not follow it precisely youmight not get the results you want. I did try the HCG from Health Store but it did not curb my appetite like HCG 5000-I love it and am ready to go another round!
|

replied January 30th, 2012
I was just wondering where you buy your hcg drops?
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2011
Weight loss is possible using HCG drops.
I followed the diet for 21 days with very good results. I lost 17 pounds overall. The diet is very strict but after the first week I was able to be satisfied with the portions. Dieting for 21 days has taught me how to eat healthyly. I will continue to eat wisely from this point on without having to spend $50 on the drops.
|

replied October 4th, 2011
HCG worked for me
I also heard about HCG5000 Plus on the radio, and since other diet plans have not worked, I figured that I would try a free 30 day supply. Within my first month, I have lost 20 pounds, and already ordered for my second bottle to come. I haven't followed the strict diet exactly, but have cut back on portions of types of food, and have also increased my water and fruit intake.
|

replied October 4th, 2011
I also heard about HCG5000 Plus on the radio, and since other diet plans have not worked, I figured that I would try a free 30 day supply. Within my first month, I have lost 20 pounds, and already ordered for my second bottle to come. I haven't followed the strict diet exactly, but have cut back on portions of types of food, and have also increased my water and fruit intake.
|

replied October 6th, 2011
LOVE HCG drops
I've just finished my first stage on the HCG 5000 drops. I started at 196 lbs. and am down to 161.5 lbs. I have had no side effects and plan to do another round. I absolutely LOVE this diet. I have never been happier Smile
|

replied October 7th, 2011
I have not heard such side effects. I also took HCG but in the injection form and lose 45 lbs. I am quite healthy now. I never had fallen ill in that duration. I think your appendix was silent and took unexpectedly little time to burst. I believe HCG is not involved in this issue.
|

replied October 12th, 2011
It's a SCAM!!!
By following the strict 500 Calorie diet, without the drops, you would STILL LOSE weight!!! Your body is simply using the stored fat as energy to make up for the loss of calories with the restricted diet. HCG5000 is nothing but a scam. ANYONE WILL LOSE WEIGHT ON A 500 CALORIE DIET!!!!! NO DIET DROPS OR PILLS NEEDED!!

Almost forgot - they also say they have a 100% money back guarantee - but they don't provide return instructions! And no one answers emails and CSR's "can't give that information"!
|

replied November 19th, 2011
I totally agree with you on this. I ordered it, under the guies of losing 1-2 pound a day. ten, when I got it, I read that I have to stick to a 500 calorie a day diet. Hell, anybody that sticks to a 500 calorie a day diet is going to lose weight. YOU DO NOT NEED THE DROPS OR INJECTIONS to do that. Theycertainly don't tell you that in the advertisement. TOTALLY MISLEADING!
|

replied January 10th, 2012
HCG 5000
You are right about anyone would lose weight eating only 500 calories , but it is not healthy. The HCG 5000 plus tells you that , but what it does is give you the extra vitamins you need to stay healthy while you are eating only 500 calories
|

replied October 22nd, 2011
HCG Homeopathic Drops are Not a Scam.

If losing weight were that simple as sticking to a low calorie diet, we wouldn't have any obese people. For one thing, no one can safely stay on a 500-800 calorie diet without HCG. You'd be hungry as all get out. You would be losing as much muscle as you would be fat which means the weight would come right back on. You would be losing it in the wrong areas if you could even manage to stay on it.

People who have a lot of weight to lose are more than likely insulin resistant...like me. I had 100 lbs. to lose.

We are carb senstive. We are one step from diabetes. We have cravings because our insulin rises dramatically when we eat grains and sugar, which includes anything processed also. High insulin means we turn into fat storing machines; not fat burning machines. And we suffer from cravings for the very things that got us fat in the first place because our bodies are so out of balance. Exercise is painful and usually results in injury if we do it at a fat-burning pace. As you can see, it's a catch 22 and not usually understood by anyone who has never been there.

HCG (whether shots or drops) is a God send for obese people. It's been around for a long time but has not been mainstream. It is safe if the protocol is strictly followed and you have had a bloodwork done to identify any issues you may have to deal with . We can safely and comfortably stay within the 500-800 calories without a problem and achieve long-lasting results. HCG is not a scam. Please research and understand how it works and the difference in the way the drops work and the shots work.

I can't vouch for HCG 5000 but I can vouch for Dr. Larry's Advanced homeopathic drops. I take these and am doing quite well. Authentic HCG homeopathic drops and protocol are not a scam. Dr. Larry's are available on the Internet. If it is authentic, you'll pay about $80 for a bottle which will last 2 rounds. He also has drops ("Sustain")to use in the interim after you come off a round to help you stablize until the next Round.

Homeopathic drops work differently in the body which is why peopel sometimes critize (and some unknowledgeable traditional drs. do also) that there's very little HCG in them. That's right. There isn't and there's not supposed to be a large amount, hence the reason they don't show up in a pregnancy test. That's not how homeopathics work. It gives you a small amount of the ingredient which let's your body do it's thing naturally. They must be quality, however, and produced in a lab following guidelines set for homeopathic products. I trust Dr. Larry's.

Sticking with the diet protocol exactly can mean the difference between losing and not losing. Using oils on your skin and makeup for instance will prevent loss as the oil you take in or put on your skin is what will be targeted first rather than the excess fat.

You must stick to the protocol for stabilization after a Round. Without the stabilization periods in between, you will never reset your "set point" and may gain weight back or at least to a "set point" weight where you remained for a while. Your body has a memory and knows it was comfortable and surviving at that weight. It will try to go there again if you don't reset the "set point". Your body is a wonderful survival machine.

My suggestion is to never try this very low calorie diet without HCG. But I am a big supporter of doing it with the HCG. For the obese and morbidly obese, this is about the safest and most effective way to finally get their weight and insulin resistance under control. If you have 10-20 lbs. to lose, do another diet because you don't really need the HCG as you're body is not that out of balance.
|

What a crock!
Hmmm....Sounds to me like you are getting some type of payment for promoting "Dr So-and-So's" product....

And BTW....we have so many obese people because these "diet aids" DON'T WORK!!!

If you are "insulin resistant" you should be on a prescription given to you by a real Dr!! NOT on some gimmick weight loss drop!!

Want to lose weight? Eat a low calorie diet, rich in fresh fruits and vegetables. And exercise! And I'm NOT talking about doing some high intensity workout! Get OFF the couch!!! Walk to the corner and back once a day, park at the far end of the grocery store parking lot, walk in the store instead of using the motorized chair! Stop eating fast food!!

And before anyone out there makes a comment about how I don't know what it's like to be fat - YES, I'M FAT!!! I'm FAT because I LIKE FAST FOOD! I'm FAT because I eat all the processed junk that you do! I'm FAT because I sit on my couch and eat things I shouldn't while I watch TV! (NO, I don't use the electric chairs at the store - I leave them for the people that REALLY need them - the elderly and disabled...not the fat and too lazy to walk!)

Look at HISTORY!!! NONE of these "gimmick lose weight" pills/drops/patches/cookies/etc work!!!! If they did, we wouldn't be a society of obese people!!!!
|
Users who thank oxfordhomecare for this post: gilmag 

replied November 9th, 2013
I bought this product many months ago, I can't remember when. When I opened the package and read about the 500 calarie diet, I put everything back in the packet - convinced this was a scam. I recently decided to give it a try. Like you, I know I would lose if I could get on (and stick with) such a low calarie diet. Now that I'm taking it I really DO find that I don't have an apetite. I also more closelyread the booklet that came along with the drops. If it's really true, the HCG5000 causes the fat-burning rather than muscle burning! I'll post up-to-date with weight loss numbers.... I think it just might be real!
|

replied November 8th, 2011
Beware Homeopathic Treatments.
Thanks for your comment. I called the radio ad earlier this evening, and all I could think of was what my mom taught me: "If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is."

First things first. I've been overweight for several years now. In high school I was an All American wrestler who was able to run five miles per day in addition to practices. At that time, I was able to eat literally anything I wanted, in any volume, and I would not gain a single pound. (Over summer workouts when I was doing 4 a days I could eat eggs, bacon, hash browns, a turkey/ham/cheese sandwich, a bowel of cereal, a glass of milk and a glass of cranberry juice. THAT WAS BREAKFAST.) I would then go into practice either what I was the evening before, or less.

That's not intended to be a story for gloating purposes. In fact, it was my downfall. After I graduated, I had developed terrible eating habits. Even with not working out as much, I didn't change the fact that I was eating ~5,000 calories a day. Since (6 years) I have put on about 90lbs. I have recently started a diet that was suited for me: higher protein, if carbs then multi-grains and leafy veggies, and really cutting back on sugar. I have yet to start a consistent workout plan. Since starting that diet I've lost about 30lbs in the first month and change. Those results compare to, and likely beat out anything you'll see with this treatment.

A few points:

1. Caloric intake. If you're consuming 500 calories a day, it's simply not enough to have any meaningful weight loss (and in my opinion it would be counter productive to weight loss.) By staying on a diet like this for thirty days, you will absolutely lose weight. You're essentially not eating. But I said "meaningful", and I used this term to indicate that as soon as you go off this diet, you are all but guaranteed to put weight back on. Additionally, people need to understand that your body is smarter than you are. If you do not take in enough calories a day, your body thinks it's dying. Because in most cases that is not a good thing, your body will naturally go into "starvation mode" and will actually burn fewer calories in order to keep you alive. This medicine does not change this. This "medicine" is competing against millions of years of evolution, and evolution will always win.

2. Why won't this medicine work? Re: Dr. Larry's HCG. The poster above rightly calls it a homeopathic treatment. Everyone reading this should know that homeopathy is a pseudo-science. Skeptics like James Randi have been debunking this garbage for decades as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWE1tH93G9U The

Regarding Dr. Larry's: the ingredients in this "medicine" are listed here: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugI nfo.cfm?id=38921

You should take note of the xC parts after each active ingredient. These numbers reference exactly how much each ingredient is diluted prior to being added to the medicine.

For the ingredients listed as 13C, the dilution level is: "If pure water was used as the diluent, no molecules of the original solution remain in the water."

For the one's labeled ~30C: "Dilution advocated by Hahnemann for most purposes: on average, this would require giving two billion doses per second to six billion people for 4 billion years to deliver a single molecule of the original material to any patient."

Essentially, you are not taking ANY medicine in this product. You could drink the entire bottle, and it would likely not effect you anymore than taking the recommended dosage (though the ethanol (alcohol) your drinking could cause problems, I assume, depending on your alcohol tolerance. Side effects would be: women looking more attractive, loud, boisterous behavior, and in unlucky circumstances, children being made (get it?)

In sum, this is not medicine. This is a 2oz bottle of booze, diluted with water. I would frankly be stunned by anyone who lost weight while taking this medicine and didn't change their diet. Unfortunately, in this age we think it's possible to take a pill and get results, in this case, weight loss. This is simply not the case. Losing weigh requires a lifestyle change, and those are never easy. It's not easy to not go out to dinner with friends, or stop at the McDonald's when you're short on time. We constantly tell ourselves that one more beer won't hurt anything. But it's those changes that bring about weight loss, not some homeopathic pipe dream.
|

replied December 8th, 2011
Since you have neither studied nor used homeopathic remedies, you have no facts to back up your assertion that homeopathy is "garbage". I have successfully used home remedies for years. Even Naturopathic Doctors will tell you that diet and exercise are key. Homeopathics assist. After pharmaceuticals killed my father and then my pet (they had the money-grubbing physicians help), it only reinforced that there are safer ways to handle things and that western medicine should only be used sparingly if at all.
|

Wow. You are assuming a lot. You do, however, shoulder responsibility for your being overweight. We all need to do that. However, you are beating yourself up too much. Obesity is a complicated matter. It's just not calories in and calories out. If it was that easy, there would be no obesity. There's a lot going on metabolically. I learned about it, kept an open mind, and was able to work around it.

Granted, the weight loss industry, as well as many other industries, is full of scams. However, I'd rather not paint the entire weight loss industry with the same paint brush. I always examine each protocol with a critical eye as more and more is learned about weight loss, insulin resistance, and diabetes. The HCG protocol has been around since 1954 and successful. Hardly a fad or a gimmick. Just not traditional. It works well for me. And No....I have nothing whatsoever to do with Dr. Larry's drops or any HCG or diet product. Just letting people know what is working for me.

Drs.? Around my area, doctors don't pay attention to insulin resistance if they even know what it is. They just wait around for you to get diabetes so they know how to treat you with a drug. They recommend the great food pyramid that is ridiculously out of balance with carbs and we wonder why we have so many diabetics? The last metabolic dr. I went to was fatter than I was. Plus who wants to be put on meds which does nothing but mess with your liver and make your problem worse with side effects?

I don't eat junk food or processed food. Are you familiar with HCG Protocols? On my protocol, I eat organic lean beef, fish, poultry, egg whites, lots of vegs, little bit of fruit, 80-oz water, 20 mins of exercise (not required), take vitamins and Omega's. No processed foods whatsoever. I've been on HCG for several months but I've managed to lose 40 lbs. in total over the last 2 years. I didn't do that by eating processed junk food! I did it by eating healthy food and staying away from sugar and carbs. Not easy. However, it's easier with HCG. My apple-shaped "insulin' belly is starting to disappear so I'm getting the insulin resistance under control. Once you cut out those foods and replace them with real food, your insulin stays level, the cravings stop, and the fat storage stops. The HCG curbs those cravings, your hunger, and sheds the fat and saves the muscle. My belly is almost gone. My arms and legs have shrunk. I've lost inches all over and have been able to stabilize between Rounds.

Granted most people can and should exercise regularly. There are some that can't. My own pain is not necessarily all from being overweight or a lack of exercise (although that is some of it). I happen to be an elderly person with fibromyalgia and complications from a fall down a full flight of stairs. I'm not permitted to exercise at this juncture which is why HCG is a good product for me. It works without exercise and saves my muscle. So I'm not lazy and I don't use an electric cart either! I walk the grocery store.....painfully!
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2011
I just called about the drops from an add on the radio...sounds too good to be true...If the drops are your "Bible" then...good reading. I think I agree with Oxfordhomecare....Im going to get off the couch!...Thanks for the read guys and gals, I'll save my $50.00- Chris
|

replied October 25th, 2011
Do not fall for it...I was told that you would get return instructions in the package....no, there were none. I have attempted REPEATEDLY to find out how to return this to no avail! They DO NOT tell you about being on a strict 500 calorie diet - that is in the pamphlet enclosed with the product. Telephone rep makes it out that you take these drops and nothing more to lose weight - LIAR! The drops are supposed to curb appetite....doesn't work! And I'm not one that eats alot anyway...if anything, I was MORE hungry than usual! BUYER BEWARE!!
|

Don't buy it. They put you on some recurring billing and shipment plan. You find that out when a 2nd shipment arrives. I just called to get a return authorization number which is required to return a product. When I gave my name and the issue and that no recurring plan was explained to me, they hung up. Then when I tried calling the number back, it said they were closed.
|

You mean you got something telling you how to return it?? I didn't even get that! I can't even get an answer to my emails or calls to these people!
|

replied October 26th, 2011
Return info
The packing slip - which doesn't include a company name does contain a telephone number to call to obtain an return authorization code. Mine were shipped from Chandler, AZ. I even tried a google search with the address and could not find a business name yet.
|

Don't buy it. They put you on some recurring billing and shipment plan. You find that out when a 2nd shipment arrives. I just called to get a return authorization number which is required to return a product. When I gave my name and the issue and that no recurring plan was explained to me, they hung up. Then when I tried calling the number back, it said they were closed.
|

replied October 27th, 2011
Experienced User
Never try any of those products, they are all complete crap.
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2011
Well, I didn't do it...I just signed up for Jazzersize instead...lol Weight loss the good ole' fashion way...

The drops do sound easy though...but when I read further, they were originally designed to help hormone levels, but if someone like me who doesn't have a uterus or functioning ovaries, it can be dangerous to there health. People should always read up before they hand over a credit card. Sorry guys & gals about not being to return the stuff...

REPORT them-
|

replied October 29th, 2011
I just wanted to tell you that I have been on the drops and 500 calorie diet for 31 days and have lost 25lbs. The diet is not easy because you do have to restrict yourself however after the first week I have not been hungry at all. I eat exactly what it says in the book that comes with the drops which I did order from the radio. I have called and talked with multiple representatives and have got a lot of support. I don't loose two pounds everyday and sometimes I do plateau some days. About 7 days ago I started working out everyday for 30 minutes and it has helped me loose more weight everyday. It was really hard at first and still some days are difficult. But I am here to tell you that it works if you work hard it works really well.
|

replied December 14th, 2011
Everyone has different experiences. I did HCG a few years ago. I lost 44 pounds, but my body looked totally different than any other time I lost weight. I actually lost in my belly, hips, thighs and but! And I looked more lean than when I used to go to the gym. HOWEVER, I lost a lot of hair and now I have a thyroid problem. I agree that just because it's natural hormone, not all natural things are good for you. Even certain herbs can affect everyone different. Some can even kill you. It's the truth. I agree with you "creatingfacesondemand" Weight loss the good ole' fashion way! Look at these people on the Biggest Loser! They should be everyone's inspiration! The are the real deal! Eating real food and busting their buts and guts in the gym! I am with ya!
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
HCG 5000 is a company from Chandler, AZ. It is Arizona Neutraceutical. I ordered the drops after hearing an ad on the radio station my husband listens to. I have found their customer service to be very helpful and when I ordered, they sent the drops to my house, which I didn't know had a change of address so my first package was RTS because the post office made a MAJOR screw up. Neutraceutical sent them out right away and was at my local post office within 4 business days. They refunded my money as soon as the product came back, but b/c I didn't want to wait on the mail anymore, I reordered and am awaiting that shipment. My sister in law is on the homeopathic drops also and lost 13 lbs in 11 days and said her only side effect was a headache which is common as your body adjusts to the drastic change. I did my research before I called HCG 5000 so I didn't let the sales people "upsell" me on anything. I knew what I was looking into ahead of time and can't wait to get started. My sister who doesn't need to lose any weight but wants to be 115 lbs again ordered it and is very happy so far as well. They do say if you have 10 lbs or more to lose, this is for you. If you look at your bank statements, there is a phone number in the midst of the numbers there. That is the customer service number. I found if you call right away in the morning, you will have a short hold time but be able to talk to someone. They open at 8:30AM (Arizona time zone time) which means they are an hour ahead of my time zone and I never had a problem with them or with their service. I am excited to try these drops as I have a gym membership, worked out every morning and was able to drop 30 pounds at the gym. The one I went to quit morning classes and I stopped going regularly and gained my weight back very quickly. I have been able to lose 10-15 pounds here and there, but can't keep them off. I diet, I exercise, our bodies just do things at different rates. If it isn't something you would ever order or aren't willing to restrict what you eat, then nothing is really for you and I wouldn't berate a product you were never willing to try (to the one who said they weren't going to eat only 500 cals a day). That is where research comes into play. When you ordered, did you ever think to ask questions? Any credit card ordering you do from ads on TV, radio, magazines, etc just takese common sense to get you through successfully. I am just sad to see there is none left in our United States...
|

replied November 13th, 2011
hcg drops
wow I am in the healthcare field and itis almost ridiculous TO BELIEVE anyone could loose weight without changing any habits, I myself am about 60lbs overweight and I am trying the drops because a friend of mine tried them and they did not work for her. But my grandmothers friend has lost 30 lbs. It varies I believe from person to person depending upon the reason u urself gain weight. There is no right or wrong just what works for you!! Good Luck to all of you!!
|

replied November 13th, 2011
hcg drops
wow I am in the healthcare field and itis almost ridiculous TO BELIEVE anyone could loose weight without changing any habits, I myself am about 60lbs overweight and I am trying the drops because a friend of mine tried them and they did not work for her. But my grandmothers friend has lost 30 lbs. It varies I believe from person to person depending upon the reason u urself gain weight. There is no right or wrong just what works for you!! Good Luck to all of you!!
|

replied November 29th, 2011
If you're in the health care field you should be well aware that "homeopathic medicine" is not medicine at all. You lose weight on this diet because you starve yourself.
|

replied December 8th, 2011
Homeopathic medicine IS medicine - it is natural medicine. America used homeopathic medicine until the introduction of pharmaceuticals. If you follow the timeline - the more drugs out there, the sicker and fatter this country gets. Do the research, don't just parrot some baseless soundbites.
|

replied April 17th, 2012
hCG Diet Reply
I agree and the hCG Diet works great no matter what the FDA says.
|