Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

HCG and cancer (Page 1)

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
What connections are there between HCG hormone and cancer? I had breast cancer at 29 and want to use HCG for weight loss. What are the risks with ovarian or other cancers?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sierra_26
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Risk for ovarian cancer in women that use this drug for weight loss is far less present than in women who used this drug as a fertility treatment.
It is believed that HCG has protective effect for breast cancer.
This substance is produced and secreted by certain types of cancer, that is why its measurement in blood is a marker for cancer presence (HCG is a tumor marker).
I don't know if it is a good idea to take HCG like weight loss therapy, since it isn't FDA approved and there have been some studies that have shown its ineffectiveness.
|

replied June 11th, 2012
First off the FDA doesn't approve ANY weight loss product! That being said let's not put too my faith in the FDA bc they approve a lot of things that come back to haunt us and get recalled or cause major problems! Secondly I used an all natural HCG product that had no alcohol or fillers in it and I have lost 100lbs & 48 inches in 104 days! I have since been taken off my thyroid meds after being on them for 6 years and my blood work showed I am no longer boarderline for type 2 diabetes. I have a clean bill of health from my doctor.
|

replied June 19th, 2012
hcg
where can this all natural hcg be purchased? I want it for weight loss..
|

replied June 19th, 2012
where can this all natural hcg be purchased? I want it for weight loss..
|

replied July 1st, 2013
My mother in law 52, along with her best friend age 54 and her husband age 57. All tried the HCG diet in 2010. Now this could be coincidence... but the following year, my mother in law and her friend both found out they had developed breast cancer with their annual mammogram. The other ladies husband did the HCG diet for another session and later that same year he found out he had skin cancer.

Again, I am not making any specific claims, however I would never try one of these "to goo to be true" diets... Oh, and within about 3-4 months, all the weight they lost...they put it right back on.

A healthy diet and daily exercise is the ONLY way to go!
|

replied March 17th, 2014
Me too, I had 2 times HCG, and I don't have a family of breast cancer at all, yet I was diagnosed with pre-breast cancer this year.

Don't use it, I put back all the weight I lost within 4 months.

You can fellow the healthy diet without taking this injection, AVOID IT.

I wish I read about it before I took it.
|

replied April 17th, 2009
HCG secreting tumors
Some tumors secrete HCG. If a person has HCG in their blood and is not pregnant and has not been artificially supplying it, it is being produced by a tumor. When the tumor secretes HCG, the immune system is not very likely to attack it.

Injecting yourself with HCG may stop your immune system from attacking cancer cells already present in you body.

Many people have cancer cells but their immune systems are able to erradicate them. Cancerous tumors appear when the cancer cells outgrow the immune system's abillity to kill them.
|

replied December 19th, 2009
HCG & breast cancer
My mom had breast cancer and died at the age of 63. I want to take the HCG for weightloss, but am afraid. What is your suggestion?
|

replied September 17th, 2011
DONT DO IT!!!
|

replied August 28th, 2010
My husband did the hcg diet and at age 39 was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer which is unheard of at his young age. The doctors say he had this cancer growing in his body for 10 years or more but that the hcg allowed this cancer to take off and spread all throughout his organs and bones. It became a very aggressive and fast growing cancer. HCG PROTECTS cancer from your immune system because it tricks your body into thinking it is pregnant. When your body is pregnant, it doesn't attack the new baby growing inside of you. The same happens with cancer. Your body doesn't attack it and it allows it to grow unchecked. I know that hcg works but I would never advise you to take this. You can lose weight if you eat healthy by staying away from sugar, eating 100 percent whole grains, eating healthy fats such as avocados, nuts and olive oil, and eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Stay away from anything that is processed. I've lost a bunch of weight by following this diet after my husband was diagnosed with cancer. We wish we would have just made a healthy lifestyle switch rather than doing the hcg diet. One more thing. My good friend is a nurse, her husband a surgon. They are on a retreat right now and they are talking about my husbands situation. She said that her friend did the hcg diet and now has an inoperable tumor growing in her cervex or somewhere - I can't remember what part. This happened the same way my husbands symptoms started up. The symptoms for my husband came up sudden and severe just two weeks after being on the diet. This lady with the tumor had the symptoms come up sudden and severe while on the diet as well. Love yourself and the ones who love and depend on you enough to say no to hcg and just stay away from junk foods. Start walking, eating healthy, and doing what you know is a healthy lifestyle. Best of luck.
|

replied March 29th, 2011
I agree very much with what you have posted. My mother, aged 48, has just recently taken a HC-125 test due to not feeling well. She has been taking the HCG oral supplement for approximately 6 weeks, and found out that her test results indicated cancer cells in her blood. They did further tests which showed a large tumor, exact location is currently unknown, adjacent to her left ovary, as well as a 6 cm, 3 cm, and 5 cm kidney stone in the tube between the bladder and kidneys. She has been extremely health her entire life, always eating right, taking her vitamins, all organics, etc. and suddenly stopped to loose some weight. I truly believe that the HCG CAUSES CANCER. There are insufficient studies to show the effects of HCG and although I am not a doctor, the more I research, the more I find the lack of knowledge thereof. Please reconsider your decision to loose weight by taking the HCG.
|

replied September 13th, 2011
Hello KodyB

I agree with you. I took the HCG diet. i never had any health problem before. After the diet i was diagnosed with stage 4 menastetic melanoma.I think that the reason that I have a cancer is HCG
|

replied September 13th, 2011
Hello KodyB

I agree with you. I took the HCG diet. i never had any health problem before. After the diet i was diagnosed with stage 4 menastetic melanoma.I think that the reason that I have a cancer is HCG
|

replied July 16th, 2011
Thank you ,I think you are correct .Hope your husband get well soon.
|

replied January 25th, 2013
Hi. my dad passed away from cancer and my brother who is 18 has cancer. I want to try this product so i can loose some weight. But I don't want to end up with some type of cancer. what should i do?
|

replied January 7th, 2011
According to recent research HCG (the pregnancy hormone and popular homeopathic diet supplement) could be an effective breast cancer preventive.
HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) was shown to activate tumor suppressor genes and stop cancer cell growth in animal studies. The substance displayed definite anticancer effects on the subjects of the study. The chief of molecular endocrinology at Fox Chase Cancer Center, Irma H. Russo, MD, suggested definitely that the eventual goal for HCG is to use it as a breast cancer preventive. It will eventually be on the level with the currently in use Tamoxifen but with the added benefit of being a normal product of the body with no toxic effects. In comparison, the currently accepted Tamoxifen, while an effective breast cancer preventive, also has known associations with endometrial cancer and blood clots.
In a study presented by Russo and her colleagues at the annual meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research links between cancer and pregnancy were the basis for the studies that tested the ability of the HCG to recreate the preventative effects of pregnancy on the human bodys probability to develop breast cancer. Previous studies indicate that women who become pregnant by the age of 20 experience a 50% reduction in their risk of breast cancer. Russo's study was an attempt to recreate the protection offered by pregnancy through the use of hormones.
The researchers conducting the study gave pubescent rats cancer causing drugs to create breast tumors. Once this process was completed, the same rats were given one of two treatments for a full two weeks: 1. HCG supplements or 2. Estrogen and Progestin Hormones. The rats that had undergone cancer induction and treatment were then compared to control rats.
The studies indicated that the animals that took homeopathic HCG experienced a reduction in the number of cells dividing. They also experienced an increase in the production of tumor-suppressor genes. The HCG also resulted in a decrease in the amount of cells that carried estrogen receptors. Estrogen receptors help most breast cancer cells grow. In conclusion, the HCG performed just like an effective anti-cancer drug. The HCG therapy treatment resulted in similar genetic signature changes that were recorded as a result of pregnancy.
The second set of rats treated with a combination of estrogen and progestin did not experience any genetic signature changes or any alleviation of the symptoms of their induced breast cancer.
Russo sees HCG as having a role in the future of breast cancer prevention. She hopes to see it used as a way to help women at high risk to alter their genetic signature to obtain protection for life from the ever increasing dangers of breast cancer. Further studies will be conducted to determine whether or not other factors are working in combination with the HCG drops to offer the antitumor results that are so promising.
|

replied January 8th, 2011
HCG and Femera use
I have been on Femera for a year for breast cancer and have 4 more years of tx to go. What effect would taking HCG for weight loss have on the risk of cancer and would there be any potention interaction with the Femera?
|

replied May 12th, 2011
Cancer from HCG Shots
In 1978 I got cancer from taking HCG shots. I had Granulosa Theca Cell Carcinoma. I do not advice anyone to do this diet. If you do, you are playing with your life.
|

replied May 18th, 2011
HCG may have caused my Breast Cancer
I have had trouble with fibrocystic breasts for years and had 3 large cysts on top of each other last May. The sonogram showed that was all that it was. Then when I did the HCG diet (drops) in July, I noticed that same breast was hot, swollen, large, etc. and had it checked out. BREAST CANCER! It had turned into an 8 CM tumor! I now believe that the HCG (growth hormone) stimulated it because the oncologist said it grew very fast, and I can attest to that. So......did it cause the cancer? I think it was there, but grew like wildfire with the HCG. However, the tumor was hormone negative (HER2Nu positive). I went through chemo, but also supported the immune system big time w/ supp. & herbs and am now cancer free. But I will NEVER use HCG again & wouldn't recommend it to anyone with any kind of cancer!
|

replied July 14th, 2011
HCG and Cancer
I wish I would have known all this before. a friend told me about HCG. I then told my mom and her husband. They both found cancer while taking the HCG. With her husband, he already had risk factors so I didn't think HCG had anything to do with it. However mom's was found suddenly and is aggressive. 80% of people die within 2 years of diagnosis. While all cancer is horrible, hers sound esp bad with bones breaking, widespread pain and not able to fight infection. She has myeloma which is in the bone marrow. I feel so responsible Sad
|

I know what you mean. I took HCG and 1 month after I ended up with stage 4 menastetic melanoma. I wish I know all this before I went on this deadly diet.
|

replied July 14th, 2011
HCG and Cancer
I wish I would have known all this before. a friend told me about HCG. I then told my mom and her husband. They both found cancer while taking the HCG. With her husband, he already had risk factors so I didn't think HCG had anything to do with it. However mom's was found suddenly and is aggressive. 80% of people die within 2 years of diagnosis. While all cancer is horrible, hers sound esp bad with bones breaking, widespread pain and not able to fight infection. She has myeloma which is in the bone marrow. I feel so responsible Sad
|

replied August 7th, 2011
hcg for weight loss causes abnormal pap smears
i had never had any problems with pap smears until i used hcg for weight loss. so yes i lost the weight quickly but now may have to get a culposcopy . i also found at least 5 other friends who used HCG for weight loss who got abnormal pap smears after using it. we all lost weight. also as far as maintenance for keeping the weight off, it is difficult to adjust to the suddenly thin body mentally and physically. so most people gain it back. and now we are all sitting her with potentially cervical cancer. just thought i would share.
|

replied April 12th, 2012
hcg and cancer
Did use the drops or the injections?
|

replied April 12th, 2012
hcg and cancer
Did use the drops or the injections?
|

hCG though a natural substance seems not for the self medicator
Dr John Lee 'what your doctor may not tell you about breast cancer' pages 50 and 51 advises that " we also have found that when we use this hormone(hCG) in patients with primary breast cancer,the proliterative activity of the cancer tissue is significantly reduced after seven doses of this hormone in a two week period. these data are important because they also indicate that the differentation of the mammary tissue could be achieved in cells that are already cancerous". It would seem that self medication with this natural substance is not worth the risk and sadly it probably wont receive research funding as its not a drug.
|

replied October 11th, 2011
I took hcg for one month and by coincidence my doctor was at the same time telling me to get a mamogram. I did and found a tumour which was removed last friday. I do not know if hcg caused this but what I have had to go through even with the possibility that hcg was the culprit....tells me to advise anyone considering this diet...don't do it.
|

replied February 11th, 2012
wow I was going to try this HCG diet due to the fact I am having the most horrible time with my weight but after reading all this I feel I am making a very good choice to choose not to...it's really to bad that this battle of weight and and lack of help out there sends you to such grave thigns as HCG thank you all for sharing
|

replied March 3rd, 2012
I never even thought that breast cancer would be a risk using HCG after reading Dr Russo's info. I used it 4 times over the course of 2 years and lost weight and gained back and lost less with each time using it. I had a very hard time dieting after I was off the drops. I am now going through chemotherapy for breast cancer, a large 7cm invasive tumor. I don't know if HCG is the culprit but now am very sceptical since I have no cancer history in females on either side of my family. I will also now talk to my Oncologyst and Surgeon to see what they think.
|

replied June 10th, 2012
If hCG causes cancer then EVERY PREGNANT WOMAN would have cancer
I find it hard to believe any of these posts claiming hCG "causes cancer" are legitimate. For all I know, it's been a campaign by one or several people to discredit hCG use. Several research studies have been done noting the efficacy of hCG -- Asher and Harper, Dr. Daniel Belluscio, Dr. ATW Simeons, others, for example -- and the FDA sponsors surveys that DO NOT FOLLOW PROTOCOL and calls these studies they fund as "valid." These faulty studies use foods that are forbidden, change calorie amounts, change dosing amounts, all that. So, "meta-studies" discrediting hCG are bogus. As for hCG "feeding" cancer, that is bogus as well. Cancer is a malfunction of the immune system. Not a growth that's fed by hCG; hCG is the BYPRODUCT of having cancer, not the beginning of it. If that were the case, every pregnant woman all over the world would have cancer. The amount of hCG taken daily is 1/80th of the injection amount used in fertility treatments -- they use 10,000 IUs! So, another group who would have cancer from hCG -- women undergoing fertility treatments. And, keep in mind....pregnant women produce tens of thousands -- 10,000, 20,000, and more -- units of hCG on a daily basis. So once again, if hCG caused cancer, every woman who ever got pregnant would have cancer. This is a ridiculous thread, populated by people, or shills, for pharmaceutical companies. If you are reading this thread, and my posts, consider yourself an informed person. hCG does not cause cancer, don't be deceived. If you wind up believing that hCG does cause cancer, then you need take the next pregnant woman you meet immediately to the nearest emergency room, because she'll have 80 times -- or higher! -- MORE hCG in her system than anyone on the hCG diet ever will. Oh yes, if hCG causes cancer, you need to be living in fear for every pregnant woman you meet....
|

replied October 16th, 2012
I did HCG twice, once in 2010, once in 2011, happily lost about 15 pounds both times... and was diagnosed w/ Stage 2 ductal breast cancer in 2012. This cancer was estrogen sensitive.

My question is: does all the fat loss thru the use of HGC increase the levels of estrogen in the body?

Estrogen is stored in the fat. HCG causes the body to metabolize the fat, hence, stored estrogen might well flood the body, possibly stimulating an existant estrogen-sensitive cancer to accelerate it's growth?

just sayin.
|

replied March 20th, 2013
HCG
Its hard to know what to believe from what I have read here. In a nutshell people are saying that if cancer cells are present, taking HCG aggrevates them and makes them grow. Therefore the comment that all pregnant women should go to the emercency room is not sensible as the majority of these women wont have cancer cells to begin with. I had HCG injections back in 1981 for fertility treatment - future problems were then unknown, as indeed they are now, realistically. My advise to anyone who wants to use this hormone to lose weight is DONT - its a lazy way - regulate your diet and exercise - lose weight naturally and dont risk your health. there just might be some truth in it...
|

replied April 5th, 2013
Hcg and weight loss
I dont think that it is correct to say this hcg use for weight loss is a lazy way to lose weight. I am now 57 and tried most weight loss regimes, resulting in yoyo effects. I have had a weight problem since I was a child, eating the same as everyone else in my family and also being highly active and athletic. I eat healthy, unprocessed foods. My partner eats twice or three times what I eat as well as added calories through sweets, coke and beer....he never adds a kg. I have been hospitalised by an ignorant dr in my late 20's for being fat (I went for tonsillitis treatment). He accused me of "most probably eating like a pig" and also said " what a shame a nice face like yours was wasted on such a fat body " !!!!! Despite my protests that I did not eat like a pig, he thought he would prove me wrong. I thought I would prove him wrong. He put me on 500 calories a day.During the hospitalisation I was walking, exercising and starving. After one week with a loss of 2 lbs he put me on fluid tablets, because he was frustrated with the lack of loss. That didn't result in any change. Then the matron was sent in the question whether I was buying food on my walks. I challenged her to test my ketone level to disprove that theory...and sure enough was 'in ketosis '.. One more week resulted in a grand total loss of 4 lbs.... The dr wanted "a stone off " and wanted me to stay a further 2 weeks.... Nope... Not at a cost 30 years ago of a thousand $$$'s a week. Everything I have tried during my adult life has resulted in my body working out the plot to lose weight and stagnating my weight loss.
Fast forward to 1st February 2013... A chance conversation and introduction to a weight loss regime under Neways, with vitamin supplementation and hcg drops... 3 weeks on the hcg regime resulted in 12 kg loss....and easily maintaining the loss during the maintenance period. I also had a mammogram (coincidentally) at the end of the first three weeks and it was clear.... It is true for me that the 'abnormal fat' deposits are disappearing. Even during maintenance with no weight loss, inches were disappearing.. I am about to start the 2nd round. . ..
|
12 >>