Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Having trouble swallowing

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
I am 14yrs old and weigh 48kgs
about 1m 70cm tall
i choked on a piece of meat about a year ago quite badly and had a panic attack but then was fine till this year i chocked again and broke down. since then i havent been eating properly and i know i need to eat more because i am losing wieght quite rapidly but im finding it extremly hard to swallow my food doesnt go all they way down in one swallow like it should. i have had this problem for just over a month. i do soccer about 10 times a week so need to stay healthy but cant eat bread, meats or anything dry, or anything that doesnt dissolve in my mouth.
what should i do Question
Should i see a doctor Question doctor
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Hi newyork14 and welcome to ehealth: Yes, see your doctor...This could be a medical problem or possible panic attack that is impacting your health....Please check it out...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?