Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

having trouble functioning What do I have to do?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hi everybody,

This is my first post to this specific forum. I'm a 24 year old guy who works and goes to school on the side. I'm posting because my anxiety has gotten steadily worse over the years, and now it's at the point where it is interfering a lot with my work, school, and relationships. My life is a wreck right now and I'm just getting by day to day.
I'm just on edge all the time about nothing and I can't calm down. I get panic attacks very often, and they're really intense, and just drain me. I get night terrors often also, I forget things all the time because I'm so high strung. I'm a sweaty frazzled mess all the time yet it's not like I live in a war zone or anything so what gives??
My doctor has given me a number of medications like Klonopin, Xanax, Zoloft, etc, but none of those did anything. I had a sleep study done for the night terrors but they didn't find anything wrong with me. I went to therapy for several months but made absolutely no progress during that time at all, actually it continued to get worse during that time.
So after several months of no results I stopped going because I couldn't afford to keep paying for a service that was literally doing me no good. I cut caffeine out of my diet completely also. I've tried meditation and deep breathing technique but during a panic attack or night terror nothing can calm me down.
So my question is: What do I do? I can't stand it. I'm frustrated that I've done everything my doctor and therapist have said to do yet still I get worse. I feel like its only a matter of time before I make a major mistake at work or school because I've come close before. What do I have to do to make this stop, or at least get it down to a bearable level?
Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Tags: Anxiety, Stress, Diet
Quick Reply