I am scheduled on 05/04/2012 to have balloon sinuplasty, my second septoplasty, turbinectomy, tonsillectomy and possible adenoidectomy.
I have been suffering from multiple sinus infections, congestion, tonsils infections and severe osa for over 2 years. Last year I developed biofilm sinusitis also. I am wondering if I am making the right decision to have surgery. The osa is really bad I stop breathing 62 times sleeping on my side and 54 times on my back. I am currently using steroid sprays twice daily, Zyrtec, and nasal irrigation's with baby shampoo and antibiotics. No change in energy levels and keep getting severely congested and infected. Tonsils have developed crypts and tonsil stones. They are also the size of golf balls.
Its hard to use the cpap machine sometimes from having sudden complete nasal obstruction. ENT thinks the turbinates are swelling to the point they block the passages even after the nasal sprays.
So please let me see some input from the community if I am making the right decision.