Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Having kidney problems while on my period

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
In June I went to the hospital with pains in my back spreading into my side and across my stomach. The doctor told me he didnt know what was wrong and sent me home with pains pills. In July I was back at the hospital with the same pains. The doctor done a CT scan and said I had swelling around my kidney and done a urine test and told me I had a severe kidney infection and put me on Bactrim and pain pills. Now this month im having the same problems. It seems that every time I have these pains it's in the middle of my period. I will run a very high fever and throw up everthing. I cant even hold down water.
Does anyone know whats going on? I cant seem to get any answers and I can stand the hurting and getting sick every month and all the doctors seem to do is drug me up on pain meds and send me home with pain pills.
I don't even know if it's my kidney thats really the problem or if it could be somethings going on when im on my period and my kidney is just suffering from it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 31st, 2013
I think I have the same problem. I have horrible kidney pain and have had kidney problems before, but it subsides after my period ends. I have been trying to stop taking pain medication for it but it's impossible, I can't work or do anything even with pain pills. Is it just us? Did you ever find out?
|

replied March 9th, 2014
Do either of you have a copper IUD?
I'm wondering because I got my IUD(5 year copper) four months after my first Kidney stone. I got kidney stones maybe once or twice a year for 3 and a half years. then the last year and a half I have been getting them during my period. I just got a new IUD(paragard 12year). I have had a month of kidney pain. not horrible. but have taken my home remedy several time vs the once a month. still low grade pain. Now i'm also having headaches.
|