Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Haven't had period in 3 months

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi I haven't had a period in 3 months nearly and haven't had sex or done anything that might enable me to be pregant in over a year. I have been told that this may be due to stress as the last time i had a period I was in a very stressful job which i quit and went into my last month of final year uni assignments etc. I am starting to worry and I was thinking about going to see my GP. has anyone got any ideas behind the reason?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 20th, 2009
You should definitely see your GP. A period stopping is called "amenorrhea" ... if you Google this, plenty of sites will come up that provide possible reasons why your period may have stopped. You have secondary amenorrhea (primary means you never got your period in the first place), and there are lots of reasons why it happens. Some are things like stress, others are more serious like cysts or cancer.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply