Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

have something done right away? Can my gallbladder explode?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
User Profile
the question i have is i have no coverage to have my gallbladder removed, so i am dealing with the pain that comes on and off. What i need to know is bloating another side affect? I normally am small, small clothes and etc. I walk around looking like i am pregnant. I am miserable. I eat the right foods. Anything i eat, and i do mean anything makes me bloat soo badd. Is this a sign that i need to get back to the doctors and have something done right away? Can my gallbladder explode?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 1st, 2011
Gallbladder Disease Answer A27295
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Digestive complaints such as belching, feeling unusually full after meals, bloating, heartburn (burning feeling behind the breast bone), or regurgitation (acid back-up in the food pipe) are not likely to be caused by gallbladder disease.

Conditions that may cause these symptoms include peptic ulcer, gastroesophageal reflux disease, or indigestion of unknown cause.

Other issues that can cause such symptoms could be due to nervousness due to stress, anxiety, wrong ‎dietary habits (eating fast, chewing less, gulping food with water) and intake of carbonated drinks. ‎

The best way to prevent this condition is via dietary and lifestyle changes. ‎

‎1. Eat slowly by chewing the foods properly. This reduces the amount of air ingested while eating & ‎also facilitates carbohydrate digestion. ‎

‎2. Pay attention to the kind of food you have been eating lately. This would help identify specific foods ‎that cause symptoms and then cut down its consumption. Avoiding carbonated drinks and alcohol ‎should be a priority.‎

‎3. In order to control anxiety and stress, an easy option would be to practice yoga and meditation ‎techniques.‎

You can try the following medications to reduce your ‎symptoms as follows. ‎
‎1. antacids (Tums, mylanta) can be continued to relieve the acidity. ‎
‎2. Omeprazole will help to reduce acid secretions ; ‎
‎3. Activated charcoal will reduce the bloating sensation, ‎
‎4. Probiotics and digestive enzyme supplements will help to improve indigestion.‎
‎5. Pepto bismol – to relieve any abdominal discomfort. ‎

Usually, dietary and lifestyle changes would help you to get rid of gas problems. ‎
But, if the problem persists for a long time, you may consider to consult your physician for an ‎examination and diagnostic tests for digestive and absorption disorders and also rule out functional ‎disorders like Irritable bowel syndrome.‎

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.