Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

have sharp stabbing pains in my ribs and abdomen

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
i have sharp stabbing pains in my ribs and abdomen
but when the pain is in my ribs i find it hard to breathe .it hurts when i breathe in and out
i have not injured my ribs the pain just came on sudden
do i have to go to hospital
it hurts when i press the upper centre of my chest inbetween my rib cage
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
cup,

If the pain is getting worse, or you are having other symptoms, such as shortness of breath, diaphoresis, weakness, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, etc, you should see someone about the symptoms.

But, there can be a lot of reasons for pain around the rib cage, such as condrochondritis, pleurisy, "stitch in the side", referred pain, etc.

Again, if you feel that this is something significant (you are worried about it) or you are having other symptoms along with it, then see someone about it.

It is not possible to tell you over the internet if you need to see a physician. That is up to you.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?