Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Have only one testicle (Page 1)

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
I'm a 26 year old man who lost a testicle when i was 14 years of age due to infection, i can't help but feel that it's ruining my life in one way or another. I got my testosterone levels checked out and whilst they were in the normal range I'd say it was pretty low for my age. I was told my levels were 14nmol and that normal was between 8nmol anbd 24nmol, but actually it appears for a guy my age that is pretty low and have read elsewhere that normal is between 10 and 55 nmol.. Which is true? It kind of annoys me that i've been told my levels are normal when they are quite clearly very low for a man who should be in his prime, and the levels are only going to drop more and more as i get older.

I also feel that i'm losing my sex drive and urge to masturbate, could this just be because im not getting sex and masturbation has become boring? I know that from the few sexual sitations with women that i have had, i certainly have no problems getting excited then!

The other problem i have is very small ejaculate, It can sometimes be only a few drops, and it is often very clear indicating that there's no sperm there, could this be because i only have the one testicle? do other guys with one testicle have small ejaculate problems?

This is all ruining my confidence and any chance of a love life, please help.

thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jobro
|

replied September 8th, 2009
add me on msn, i might be able to help you

|

replied September 28th, 2009
One Testicle
Mate,

I too have one. It does not bother me or my partner, although obviously you feel very self confident in public. I'd love to chat to you further - let me know if and I will give you my email address.

Leftie
|

replied November 9th, 2011
hi would love to chat, have only left testicle.
e-mail me anytime and we can compare notes!!
|
Users who thank maverick2348 for this post: jamesjn 

replied December 6th, 2011
I have the same problem as most of you guuys.
When i was 13 i had an accident on my bycycle and due to the trauma i had to have my testicle removed.
Im now 22 and ever since then my life hasnt been the same, i have lost all confidence that i use to have, never had a girlfriend because i always make excuses not to go out with them due to the fact i only have one testicle, i think about it 24/7 and it is always on my mind and gets me down, so i thought id write on here to see if anybody else is going through something similar and would like to talk.

Thanks
|

replied December 13th, 2011
Dont worry about bro I am 27 and going on my 3 long lasting relationship with a BEAUTIFUL woman. I have only had one since I was a baby. Yes its put me through a huge state of mental depression. But in the end its made me a better person. having one has led me to use heavy amounts of drugs especially opiates in the past to give me the false confidence I needed. I went from being a heroin addict with one nut to a lean mean crossfit fighting machine and I have sex daily with my beautiful girlfriend. I have asked the girls I have been with if it bothered them. They all told me they didnt care, just was shocked at first and got over it. In the end its all about them and their vagina and getting off on how sexy they are. They want a confident man to take control and give them the attention they need in the sac, They can care less about yours. Like I said I have been through a lot but it has seriously made me a stronger person today. I too got nervous when I started making out with a girl and her hand started to slowly make their way down to my sac for a carress. When that happened I usually just grabbed their hand and rubbed it over my penis without allowing them to fondle anything. To avoid their hands from rubbing and probably being "freaked out" I quickly became a master of oral sex and then once their wet just step up to the plate and stick in their before they could even notice. NO GIRL has ever noticed the first few times. You gotta be slick, and tell them after they enjoy YOU and also who YOU are as a person. Thats pretty much all I got to say bro
|

replied January 21st, 2012
i would like to help you add me in messenger
|

replied March 24th, 2012
Hi, I am a woman, so I can't say I know how you are feeling, although to some extent I imagine it is similar in some respect to a woman who loses her breast due to cancer and loses her confidence. I can't speak for all women, but I know for me, whether you have one testical, two or zero does not matter. I dated a guy with only one testical and it was a great relationship. It ended only because he had to move out of state to care for an ailing parent. He told me within the first couple days and it didn't faze me at all. What matters is how people treat each other. I know people say that all the time, but it is true. If you do run a across a self-centered cruel witch who has a problem with your having one testical be THANKFUL because you know up front what she is like and can immediately cut her out of your life. People like that are unhappy with themselves...we are all human and at some time will all go through something that is embarrassing. I truly believe the majority of women won't give it a second though and will care for you because of the way you treat her. I wish you all the best!!
|

replied June 14th, 2012
I am exactly the same, I'm only 14 but I've been invited to things but I wimp out because I'm embarrassed
|

replied July 11th, 2012
One testicle from birth
I was born with one testicle as well and only one kidney. I worried a lot when I was young. Now at 57 I realize how insignificant this would be in my life. I am married for 35 years and have three great sons. Just realize as I later did that people do not go arround bending to look at your testicles. And no one cares. Make an effort and start getting naked in front of other guys at the gym. You will soon notice that no one pays any attention. At the end this will not determine your future, your attitude will.
|

replied June 29th, 2012
Girl really don't mind javing only one testicle!
Hey Man , you shouldn't worry so much, or in fact at ALL about that!

Listen: I lost my right testicle when I was 12, I am 44 now.
I have had about 12 (longterm) girlfriends and quite some one night stands and I have NEVER met ANY GIRL that had ANY PROBLEM AT ALL with it!! ,or thought of it as strange or whatever!!

Many times it wasn't even mentioned or after making love when talking in bed something like:: Me: "I have only one testicle" Girl: "Oh yeah, I thought I saw that too" end of topic. or: "well it seems to work fine haha" case closed.

Many didn't even see it, even the call girls I were with, or at least I coudn't notice.

Really man, they don't care about a thing like that.
It's not like have only 1 breast or so.
They don't consider it an object they wanna spend much time watching too anyway.
As long as you a capable of a normal erection, (for wich 1 testicle is quite enough) they won't MIND AT ALL.
In fact, the few times I couldn't get it up due to drinking or so, never EVER did a girl come to the stupid idea that it would be because of my 1 testicle, but just what it was: the boozz.
And most of the time, in spite of drinking, my one testicle was truelly enough to be capable to have sex well.

And else, even 5 testicles won't help you there!

Besides if you loose one at the age you did,(as did I) and even later, your other yesticle will start compensating for the lost one so there will be more then enough testosterone!!

It's only in your head man!!
It's not like having a 8cm penis, or looking like Gollem/smeagoll, or smell like a skunk etc etc

So PLEASE STOP torturing YOURSELF for NOTHING, and don't waste your live hiding for the girls, it is SO UNNECESSARY!!

I hope this will will help you, if you have any questions feel free to mail me
|

replied July 12th, 2012
Hey, I also have only one testicle too. Well, I'm 20 and I must confess, I'm very embarrassed about it yet. I know that's not a big deal, but I would like to talk with people like me. Please, message me. Thank you very much! (And, sorry for my mistakes, I'm brazilian).
|

replied July 30th, 2012
arent there south africans?
|

replied July 24th, 2013
Bruno did you loose your testicle or were you born with only one. I was born with only one and was very concerned when I was growing up. Now I realize how silly that was. I will be happy to share how overcame my fears if you need.
|

replied February 4th, 2012
I did not hear from you again. Did you get my e-mail. Thanks Dale
|

replied September 30th, 2009
Hello mate, sure would be great to talk to you

also a Leftie!
|

replied December 6th, 2009
Waiting for the ball to be dropped
Going to the Docs tomorrow to more than likely get the news that I'm carrying around a dead testicle! Sucks ball really. Happened about a year ago where severe pain came about, went to the doc as soon as possible because I had googled what it might be and got worried when I read about testicular torsion. He confidently diagnosed me with epididymitis, which surprised me cause there he didnt really tell me how I could have gotten it. I trusted the Doc anyway. My balls never returned to normal and about 2 months ago I went to another Doc. At this stage I stupidly thought my right testicle was larger than my normal sized left. The reason I went was because I thought I felt a lump on it aswell. He sent me to a radiologist to get an ultrasound. It was found there my right one was perfectly normal but he was worried about blood supply in my left and that it wasnt actually that my right was oversized but my left was significantly shrunken. Don't ask me how I missed that. He was only a radiologist though so couldn't give me an official diagnosis. He told me to go back to the Doc and he would tell the Doc to send me to a urologist. So basically tomorrow is the day I'm going to the doc again. Maybe I won't even be diagnosed properly there either and will have to wait another month before I see a urologist who'll tell me the bad news then.
The worst thing is, back when it happened I was worried that it was torsion because I was playing squash the day before which is when the pain started to develop after. But the doc dismissed this in a 2min exam! Right now I've accepted the fate of the left testicle. Even though the radiologist wasn't allowed to give me a diagnosis, I could basically tell by the look on his face.
As well as all this, I'm 22, in college, and nobody knows about this issue but me. Even when I was diagnosed with epididymitis, I just told my parents I had an infection due to embarassment. Now I dunno how I'm gonna repeat this story to them eventually!
Right now, it hasn't gotten me down too much. I think that's prob because I havn't been given the straight answer on it yet. I'm trying to come to grips with the fact now. I mean I am at an age where I have a strong interest in women and sex and am worried about how this will affect my dating and sex life.
Anyway, my story is prob a bit unrelated here but if anyone does happen to have advice on the issue, do please share.

Thanks
|

replied April 10th, 2011
one testicle
hey misdiagnosedball,
so i have a very similar story (well its all relative), but i have been through a lot of similar experiences, tho plus a few surgeries, i'm also 26, so i know what its like to go through that experience during college age...anyway, we can probably learn more from each other as its hard to find someone out there with similar experiences or atleast openly talking about such a personal issue. anyway, i'd be happy to go into more details about my one testicle experiences. if you would like to email me
rich
|

replied September 22nd, 2011
hi..
hi
please i am also having the same issue
|

one testicle and its effects
am 46, have three kids and a grandkid , and have always just had left testicle. no problems otherwise , healthy sex drive , plenty semen. just the physycological ,shower room aspect that bothers, but i have a proshphetic testicle in its place which seems to do the trick, with the ladies anyway!!lol
|

one testicle and its effects
am 46, have three kids and a grandkid , and have always just had left testicle. no problems otherwise , healthy sex drive , plenty semen. just the physycological ,shower room aspect that bothers, but i have a proshphetic testicle in its place which seems to do the trick, with the ladies anyway!!lol
|

replied December 10th, 2009
Experienced User
You loss of your testicle is obviously why you are having less sperm, no worries though..
|

replied August 14th, 2011
that is completely incorrect, miss405. the number of testicles has no correlation to the "amount" of sperm and semen a male produces.
|

replied August 24th, 2011
ya semen may nt decrease bt sperms decreases!!!at per ejaculation!!bt i dont tynk tat ll effect !!since its 300million sperms at a tym..nrmaly...at the most it ll decrease up to 150m...logicaly!!!no differences...since oly one sperm fuses!!to form zygote!!nd stck to ovarian walls!!!jst 1!!!
|

replied March 21st, 2010
I'm 15 and only have one. I'm scared that girls won't go for me in the future because of this..
|

replied June 25th, 2011
hey bro same here it just feels weird i have 1 ball and a less than avrage penis its wrong for god to give us only 1 testical u need to see a consulor or a doctor and see what might of caused this or somthing cuz im scare to talk about my in person but i will text it...
|

replied July 31st, 2011
One testicle, self confidence and girls!
Hi Smile
Today my boyfriend told me he had only one testicle and it something that used to bother him a lot. As soon as he told me, I just smiled and said "Thank god you only have one, otherwise you'd be jumping me relentlessly, 24/7!!"
So what you only have one? The girl who will be disgusted about it or won't accept it SURELY isn't with you for good reasons: YOU'D BE WORTH SO MUCH BETTER THAN HER.
I totally embraced the fact he only had one, it really doesn't change anything. He's the same person, and sex is still that great, with one testicle only!
Please, don't let this ruin your life or take control of your confidence by lowering it. YOU'RE AWESOME, AND HAVING ONE TESTICLE INSTEAD OF 2 WONT CHANGE ANYTHING TO THAT!!
There are plenty of girls out there who will accept you for who you are and even love that special feature of yours, don't worry, be happy Smile
|

u need nt tel dem r show dem u ve oly 1!!nd i dont tynk ny gals will ask u hw mny do u ve nd den go!!!y u wrryng bro??nthin to wrry!!its all nrml!!der r laks of ppl lik us bt none speak out tats it!!!even gals may ve a condition wer the uterus itslf is blocked r the tract has a ciesure lik...u need nt wrry i tel u!!
|

dont worry about it mate, i have had only one for the past thirty years and have had no probs with sex or ladies so just enjoy life and live it to the full.one is more than sufficient
|

replied May 7th, 2010
Single testicle
Confidence and success with women come from within yourself. You''d be surprised how many men have only one, just no one talks about it. I do not know why men define themselves so much by their penis - silly really if you think about it. You are a strong confident male, one or two makes no difference. It''s what you think of yourself that will matter every single time.
|

replied May 7th, 2010
Thanks SelfEsteem, im just scared my mates with take the mick out of me as well and make fun because of this
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2010
I am 15 with one testicle, I have accepted this feat, and moved on. Though i have not had any sexual experience, i sometimes to worry what will become of my sex life.

~ 6" + Rightie
|
Users who thank ACFutballer for this post: may19th2001 

hey dude belive it or not!!!even i lost 1 ...bt m more strongr dan my odr frnds....i can lift heavy we8...though odrs of my age cant..i wrk out daily at gym...nd my biceps...grows faster dan odrs....nd m vry tough!!!i lost wen i was 15...nw m 18...m vry nrmal!!!u need nt wrry much...its vry nrml...nd incase ur testosteron decreases...say aftr 30s....der r replacemnt ...r tablets...dat cntrl its lvl...so need nt wrry much!!!nd even adolf hitler had oly 1!!!...nw i happily ryd my sports byk...whos tanks...r vry huge...bt 2 yrs i did sufr a lot!!!wid pain..aftr post surgry!!bt nw..m happy nd strong!!
|

replied May 2nd, 2012
body building and having just one testicle
hey man ... I lost my right testicle a few hours after I was borned ( how tragic is that ? lol )
so yea in order not to give any girls any excuse to screw the relation up I decided to build my body and have a very sexy body so it could be a kind of privilege as we have just one testicle .
as you should know because you also spend a lot of time in the gym , men can build their muscles because of the testosterone their body produce . I was wondering having just one testicle will reduce our testosterone level ? and therefore building body would not be successfully done or something . what do you think ?
|

replied May 2nd, 2012
body building and having just one testicle
hey man ... I lost my right testicle a few hours after I was borned ( how tragic is that ? lol )
so yea in order not to give any girls any excuse to screw the relation up I decided to build my body and have a very sexy body so it could be a kind of privilege as we have just one testicle .
as you should know because you also spend a lot of time in the gym , men can build their muscles because of the testosterone their body produce . I was wondering having just one testicle will reduce our testosterone level ? and therefore building body would not be successfully done or something . what do you think ?
|

replied January 8th, 2012
one testicle
hey man me to im 15 will i go through puberty succesfully like voice changing large penis etc
|

replied March 16th, 2013
Im 16 mate and only got one testicle which is my right one, i lost it because of a tramor as a played basketball and it twisted! Ive just learned that one is fine and it still gives plenty of sperm!! Gong through puberty like a normal boy!!
|

replied March 23rd, 2012
Dude, im 14 and have one as well and i have came across many sex related opportunities, but backed out because of the fact i have one, and i dont want to be called the one balled wonder for the rest of highschool, so just know ur nor alone
|

replied May 11th, 2010
hi you all, i am 30 and i only have one nut, i lost the other one when i was 13 due to a bicycle accident/infection, having one didn't stop me doing everything i want and i was perfectly fine but one day: "there i was at the doctor''s office (i went to a regular checking) and the first thing he said was: "you need an implant, i can recommend you a plastic surgeon who can do the operation and you will look perfectly fine..." i was shocked (i wasn't there to ask for an implant!, didn't know what to say, after a few seconds i started to laugh and said: "okay i'll think about it" but the truth is since that moment i feel like a freak, although now i'm engaged and my partner doesn't have a problem with it it's a big deal for me. my sexual performance is decreasing and it makes me think that this is affecting my love life because i don't want to have sex because i feel ashamed of having just one nut.
i would like to be in contact with people who is having the same problem and create like a support group you know. thanks.
|

i think people like us need a support group mate , e-mail me an we see if we can set n up
|

replied May 25th, 2010
hello all...
35 year old here and I am a lefty. My right testicle never developed into a full on ball, and I had it removed when I was 20 due to tremendous pain. I have to say that having only one functioning nut through college, and then having the little guy removed half way through did nothing for my self esteem. I dated very little, has sex even less and lost interest in masturbating. It wasn't till I was 24 that I finally turned myself around, started dating this awesome gal and eventually marrying her. She never cared that I had only one testicle, and all the worrying I did from the start of puberty on was all for not. I didn't play sports for fear of being ridiculed in grade and high school.

My point is, it really doesn't matter that you have one. If your partner cares that much about the missing guy, them they are not worth your time.

Also, you can still father children, I have two great kids so far. I have had several sperm tests and actually was above average in sperm count an motility. Yes, my sperm also dribbles out and is often clear, but that does not mean you do not have any. The funny thing is, once you lose a testicle, the other one kicks into overdrive and does the work of two. It actually can increase in size as well to accommodate the need.

I still get down once and a while about only having one, don't ask me why, there is not really a need to, hence me finding this forum. I guess I just need reassurance once and a while that I am not the only one. I also don't go to gyms, preferring to work out at home, as I am still self conscious in front of the guys.

If any of you all want to talk, hit me up.

suineg
|

replied May 19th, 2011
my friends call me uni ball cuz i told one of them in first grade tht i thouht i had one ball but i actually have 2 and they dont believe me now iim 13 and everyday in pe they go hey uniball what should i do to prove them wrong
|

replied May 2nd, 2012
you should show them your package
|

replied May 30th, 2010
Hi I am 29 and have right testicle only since birth. Till now I dont have any prob. but the amount of semen coming out is less some times, but not always. I am going to marry in near future. This will have any prob in having children?. what should i do to correct it.
|

replied May 30th, 2010
Hey suineg u r not the only one, if you have any knowledge we can talk.
|

replied June 2nd, 2010
I'm 16. Lost my left testicle due to some rare tumor at the age of 13. A tumor that attached to my left testicle and then had to be removed along with the testicle. of course i told my so called "friend" about it, and the whole thing quickly spread. and many jokes have been brought on and such. Kinda sucks. but my sexual drive is still where it should be (atleast i think so). I do feel as if my semen is not at the amount it should be. but i do feel as if the one i do have as increased in size just like suineg has mentioned. i have been talked to about having a silicon implant by doctors, but i personally dont see such a need.
|

replied June 12th, 2010
hello everyone,
I have the same as you all,my right testicle was removed due to it not dropping down.I have an implant and it does look a bit odd now after 26 years,you are right the remaning testicle does get bigger and compensates for the loss,i have no problem with ejaculation amounts and have 2 children that are very healthy.My wife never noticed until I told her to have a good squeeze,but she is not bothered by it at all.As for sex drive and masturbation i would say it's all in the mind, I have had sex at least 3 times a week since as far back as I can remember,and have never lost the urge.
This is nothing to worry about, it makes no difference at all in real relationships and so far I have had no health problems related to it.
|

replied June 12th, 2010
I lost my testicle at 13, at first i was thinking should i get a prostetic one, but you know what its better to try and except it, its who you are. It isnt wierd its pretty much the same as two. Just believe in yourself and get more self confident. I've also spoke to females whis partner have one testical and they dont notice abything different. I'm sure all the sexual side of stuff for you will be fine.
|

replied June 26th, 2010
Monorchidism - Having One Testicle
Supermilan,

I'm sorry for your pain and I completely understand where you're coming from. Did you make sure that the testosterone test you had was in the morning? It is best to have yourself tested at 8:30 am to get a decent idea of what your testosterone level is. I can remember being very upset when I was first tested myself because my numbers came up absurdly low, but then I realized that I had been tested at 4:30 pm (!) and that is the worst possible time to have your levels tested! After getting tested in the morning, everything turned out normal.

A little more information from you might be useful. Is your remaining testicle healthy? Has it ever been damaged? Do you exercise? What is your diet like? Do you struggle with depression? All of these factors have an impact on your T production. By adjusting them, you can influence your testosterone production. Did you know that a man who suffers a heart attack can experience a 90% reduction in his testosterone levels immediately after such a traumatic event? It just goes to show what an impact outside events and influences can have on your body's function.

If it gives you any encouragement, I also lost a testicle, when I was fifteen, but the remainder is completely healthy. Now I'm in my twenties as well. I recently had a testosterone test, taken at 8:30 am, and I measured a respectable 22 nmoL - that's without exercising too thoroughly and eating from fast-food venues. I'm sure that if I ate the right kind of foods and excercised more regularly - in short, practiced better self-care - I could raise it even higher. I also struggle with depression, and depression can lower your T levels considerably.

About ejaculate volume - I don't have a whole lot either, and this is a complaint I've seen from more than one man living with a solitary testicle. However, you have to take into consideration that many men with two also have small amounts of ejaculate, and most of the fluid in ejaculate does not originate in the testes anyway. There are also some men out there with one who do report a large ejaculate volume. So I wouldn't get too hung up about that issue.

I would recommend that you find an approachable endocrinologist and explain your concerns to him or her. He/she might be able to console you to a degree by explaining the situation to you - that T levels vary from person to person, that too high a level is not healthy either, that there is a natural redundancy when it comes to your testicles' productive capabilities and that the tissue you have is capable of fulfilling your body's needs, provided it is healthy.

I hope this helps and I'm sure if you posted again it would please the rest of the folks here who I'm sure regularly check this forum for updates to your situation.
|

replied July 21st, 2010
I love it !
I am 33.
My boyfriend only has one testicle and really I couldn't care less ! I didn't even realise at first....
It does not prevent him to be a super guy and an incredible lover ! You men have to stop thinking that it may be a problem !!! Really it is not AT ALL ! It is even better because the ejaculates are smaller... Now I am used to it anyway, if I see a pair of them again I am sure I will freak out !
A girl would have to be really really stupid to see this as an issue ! And you don't want any stupid girl in your life anyway, do you ?
|
Users who thank Lola6000 for this post: may19th2001  Broken_soul 

replied July 27th, 2010
does anyone know if you grew up with a testicle removed as a child will your body still grow normally like its suppose to?
|

replied December 13th, 2011
Having one
I had mine removed when I was 8 months. Im 27 now and 6 foot 2 inches and in athletic shape. I am going on my third beautiful girlfriend. We have sex everyday. Sometimes it gets me down sometimes I could care less. Having one has put me through a lot from struggling with Heroin and pain killers to becoming sober and athletic. Its been a ruff ride but in the end its all in your head.
|

replied May 2nd, 2012
|

replied January 1st, 2012
Your going to be fine
Had mine removed when I was 8 years old, it was undesended. I'm 39 married have two kids and never had an issue. I grew up big and strong, always played sports, and enjoyed an active sex life. I lost my virginity at 16 and never stopped. I still have sex with wifey at least 2 or 3 times a week and wish it was more but or schedule is hectic. There was a time until about 30 that I was probably a sex addict when I slept with as many women as possible. I am not bragging but I've slept with more than 50 women and enjoyed every second of it. I also masterbated two or three times daily and was a total porn addict for over 20 years. Honest to god I never had a complaint or felt uncomfortable and always delivered.
I had so much confidence and bravado, I would joke about it, such as calling my self the "one nut wonder" or "leftie". I also used the line that I lost my nut in a high stakes card game or shark attack. It always gets a laugh and lightens the mood. Trust me, girls don't care, learn how to be a good lover and pleasing your mate, you'll do just fine. Women want a man with confidence, having one nut has nothing to do with being different.
|
Quick Reply