Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Hate myself

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Ok here it goes! I'm 16 and i hate myself. I get made fun of everyday. And i hate it. I try to tell people to stop but it doesnt work. They do it worse. And well recently i started liking someone. That was a huge mistake because i know they wouldnt like me! Im fat and im ugly.! I feel like an idiot! I know a guy would never like someone like me! ive tried but i know im not a girl a guy would want! I dont like myself. I hate the way i look big time!! I feel like crying all the time! i just feel like dying. Its not like i need to be here! Um the guy i liked well my friend tried getting us together. I told him not too. But he did anyway. And i know what the guy i like thinks now. Which really hurts. but i should be used to it by now. Thats why i just feel like giving up . not like anyone would care. I just really hate myself. Ive tried to change but it didnt work. I just want to kill myself sometimes. I hate myself that bad!

If anyone can help or talk if anyone is like this i would appreciate it!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2009
Experienced User
Girl you are centralized in yourself, go and get a partime or something in a nursing home, and help other people, in there no one is going to insult you at all, you are going to be very active, and no eating, and believe me you are going to loose weight, I worked in a Nursing Home, and I was in charge in bathing elder gentleman, the first month I lost 15 pounds and I was no overweight. You need to be away from the refrigerator, from sodas, and to do something for somebody else, you can be a voluntary in a Nursing Home, in a Hospital, or in a Mental Facility. Believe me you are going to help yourself helping other. And we are all oververweight today okey. so Don't worry that much about weight. Good luck to you. Believe me do something for somebody else. get out of the house...
|
Users who thank hombrerubio for this post: notlikingmyself_01 

User Profile
Supporter
Hey Sweetie, I agree with hombrerubio. I feel you are the only one who can make a change in your life. You need to decide if you are tired of this and want to change...or if you just want to stay as you are and continue to be ridiculed. You have the power to change things. Your self esteem is shot so low...but no one can do anything.,...its up to you. Start by making a list of your expectations....ok, I want to loose weight. GO for it. Once accomplished, do another task....learn different make up techniques. Volunteer at an animal shelter....pets do not judge you for who you are....as in a senior home as well. Look at yourself in the mirror everyday and tell yourself...GOD DOES NOT MAKE JUNK or MISTAKES...you are beautiful.......beauty comes from the inside not an appearance.........feel free to PM me anytime you wish. Always here FAIRy*GODMOTHER
|
Users who thank Fairy Godmother for this post: notlikingmyself_01 

User Profile
Supporter
You are fearfully and wonderfully made psamls 139:14
If you are depressed and feel bad the last thing on your mind is eating right. but you have to make this a goal to eat healthy and stay away from junk.
i was made fun of when i was a little younger than you, then i went home to a father who was physically abusive, so i really had it bad. i know how you feel.
when i think about it now, i couldve talked to a counselor and told them what i m going through. i couldve gotten swithched in another class or something.
this experience made me a stronger person, and i know how to handle mean spirited people. this experience will make you a stronger person as you grow up.
|
Users who thank starship33 for this post: notlikingmyself_01 

User Profile
replied December 19th, 2009
Supporter
Helping others is a great way to forget some of your own problems. Also, it's true that you need to take the steps to help yourself. Do you have a counselor at school or a teacher you can speak to?
|
Users who thank wendyrs for this post: notlikingmyself_01 

User Profile
Experienced User
Be caref ul with freaking conselours they love to put labels on people and once they do guess what the labels stays with you practically for ever. Get a pastor and explain to this person what's going on. They have Christian Counselor those are more private and they don't work for the system. But my advise to you is simple and works because I had similar problems before, and this is what I did. I prayed daily three times a day, I got a job in a Retirement Village, Seniors citizens love young people, even if you look not perfect.
and I also drove around a handicap boy , I was 17 at that time and he was 17 too. he was always in a wheelchair when I start driving him around, he had major depression problems, I had to help him for everything to go to the toilet and to take showers and go to college, everything he did not wanted P.T. but I forced him to go and get treatments,today he use the wheelchair part of the time, he is about to get his teaching degree. He got a girlfriend. We are still friends we lift weights once in a while his upper body is huge, there is not much we can do with his lower part but he ot two surgeries since I know him, one of the surgery helped him so he can function as a man. And that helped him with his depression problems, I also make him help people, he was reading to blind people, even when we have CDs and things like that blind people love for somebody to read to them. He read a lot to blind people and believe me this helped him,to feel useful. Now who care what other people say about you. Just don't pay attention. If you want to make them upset just tell them " wow I believe now what they say about you" I had a tormentor when I was 14 years old, and I answer to him like that once. He got very worry and he approached me in private and he begged me to tell him what people were saying about him, of course I didn't know so I never said. He stopped bothering me at all. Good luck sis. GET A JOB!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Also I want to add we are all different, who said because you are fat you are uggly. my first girlfriend was fat like a refrigerator, but she was a sweet positive person. I loved her, we split because she went to a far away college, and I talked to her the other day thru facebook she is in England spending Christmas with her boy friend she is still fat so who care. Her boyfriend liked her that way, we are no perfect, we are just regular people, I am not perfect either. Just what you got is what you got. use it the best way you can. and dont forget GET A JOB. Volunteer in a Hospital or something...
|

replied December 20th, 2009
Thanks! But i dont really eat anything. Im a ver picky eater! I dont like to eat alot of stuff. I have a job at a newspaper office. But i cant get another job becuase i work with animals alot. And thanks but guys wouldnt date someone like me whos not pretty or skinny enough for them. thats what gets too me the most. Im the guys friend.. not someone they would ever considering dating. Like that guy i really liked him but he thought i was ugly. As usual thats what puts me down even more. Because the one giy i thought i might have a chance with put me down more. Makes me feel a whole lot worse about myself. So you see why i just feel like giving up.. Not trying anymore, because thats the way guys see me. And thats why i dont like myself. And i've tried to loose the weight, not eating, eating a right amount, exercising, eating healthy. Doesnt help. Yes there is a counselor at my school but i live in a very small town so he knows my family. I just dont like myself because people just make fun no matter what i say or do. But thanks hombrerubio thats helpful to say..
Im never gonna like myself. Doesnt matter how i change myself loose weight etc.. I just i wish for one guy that wouldnt care what i look like woukd think i was pretty instead of being ugly.. That would make me happy instead of feeling down.. But thanks everyone! Its helping a little.
|

serviceU,
Thank you. thats sad. You had it alot worse. and im sorry. You helped! Smile
|

You guys all helped me. I dont feel as worse. Thanks
|

User Profile
Supporter
otlikingmyslef_01,
You talk like your the only person that has experience this and there is no way out.
My bestfriend is really dark skin and she was teased a lot about how she looked and she is not married with five kids.
i had a girlfriend who thought she was fat and ugly and always a guy's friend and never the girlfriend. i had a baby before her, but todate she has four.

the point im making here is life goes on after school and it gets better.

I try to find a solution for you because i just dealt with the issues i had as a child. i guess you have to become a strong person and thick skinned in this world.
If that guys called you ugly, then he isnt good enough to be your friend. Did you see that movie precious, you have to work on yourself esteem. You have to believe your beautiful no matter what anyone says.
|

I know im not the only person like this. I know theres other people. I know i just dont like myself. but this person i liked wasnt a friend. I just liked him. But i dont know. I cant find anyone.. Ive looked and noone would want this. But thanks
|

User Profile
replied December 26th, 2009
Experienced User
Well hey life is like that. Is time for you to move from that small town, go to a big city, I recommend a city like New York, Joing a group of lecture in Barn and Nobel as a first suggestion, and get a job working with people. animals are great but let's face it they don't force you to change. And they are smelly so you smell too when you get out of there. In a City you are more "like everybody" and don't weight for guys to jump at your feet because if you are between 20 to 30 a Regular American red blooded boy is not into a relationship is just into having sex and move on. So that's a fact also a make up probably is going to help you. A good make up artist may help you how to apply make up and how to cut your hair and if you should dye your hair of change the way you dress. All that. But let me tell you just because you are overweight and you want lo look like Angelina, is not a fact for you to get depress, also if you get a degree you may feel better about yourself, a vet assistant or a vet degree is going to help you to feel a lot better about yourself, is time for you to get rid of that box of Kleenex and get out of the computer and tv. MOVE get a job in the new City with people and helping people and or go to school. If you stay in the same city you are dommmmmmedddddd.
|

replied December 26th, 2009
Hey girl, yeah I know what youre going through. I've been mobbed myself for about 10 years. Don't feel like a victim, thats the worst you can do. You need to work towards your happieness. I know many guys, including myself, that don't just look at the surface. No matter what others say, naturally you are beautiful. What really makes you ugly for others is the way you look at yourself. I've seen people that are just so happy, self-ironic and nice that you just gotta love them, no matter what they look like.

So enjoy yourself, do something for yourself, enjoy some music, read a book, do sports, be nice and dont take other peoples hateful comments too serious.

Good luck and don't let them get you down. Surprised)
|

replied January 15th, 2010
Thanks. But whenever i would get over him my friends would say oh yall would be the perfect couple. I didnt see it. but then they just kept saying it. I didnt wanna allow myself to like him again but i did that was a stupid choice.
I cant move out yet. i've got to wait. I like this town. its very small. I kinda want to live here my whole life. haha. I'm not a city girl i'm very country. But i get what your saying. I know i shouldnt think about myself like that.. but i do sometimes. I know i shouldnt let that stuff get to me but i do. I do get out alot. like when i have to walk my goats and stuff. I play sports. But thank you so much for all your help! Smile
|

replied January 15th, 2010
Patz,
Thanks. That made me feel alot better. Im not depressed im just upset with myself. Im to the point where i dont really hate myself just dont like myself.. I dont like being like this but its hard to get over it.. I do feel like an idiot sometimes for alowing myself to do that.. haha. but thank you very much! You made me feel alot better then what i was feeling. Very Happy
|
Quick Reply