Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vitamins Forum

Has anyone tried phytoceramides shown on Dr. Oz?

According to Dr. Oz, phytoceramides are a good supplement to make skin smoother and less dry. Has anyone tried them and does anyone know of any side effects? Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2014
(online)
thank you for asking
Phytoceramides contain lipids that are the same as those found naturally in our skin; they mimic their actions to plump out the skin
Phytoceramides penetrate each of the four layers of our skin (known as dermal layers)
Phytoceramides stimulate the production of collagen, which plumps the skin and increases elasticity
Phytoceramides encourage a protective barrier against infections and inflammation, helping with problems such as dry skin, sun damage and patches
Phytoceramides keep our skin hydrated, retaining moisture and helping stave off wrinkles
Phytoceramides slow the aging process and can even reverse existing signs of aging such as crow’s feet, from the inside out
Many ceramides are derived from bovine sources, so it’s understandable that many of us would prefer to switch to plant-based versions. And, as phytoceramides are naturally occurring, there are very few - if any - side effects.

That said, if you’re allergic to wheat or have an intolerance, you could suffer the same issues if you take the wheat-based phytoceramides. Stick to the rice or sweet potato versions if you have any problem with wheat.
consult your dermatologist for further guidance.
take care
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2014
No, I never tried these phytoceramides that was good supplement for skin, and I was very thankful to Shafi Ullah you have provide information about these supplement.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied September 26th, 2014
Hello there, yes I have tried phytoceramides after watching Dr.Oz episode. As far as I am aware, he did not endorsed any brand of it but he emphasized the ingredients that it should have in the phytoceramides we are going to use. So I manages to find the one that perfectly matched Dr. Oz recommendations and I got it online from Amazon. Go ahead and read its product reviews first and it is worth a try by the way.
|
Tags: skin
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vitamins , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.