Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Hard white lumps on testicles

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
I've had these hard white lumps on my testicles for years now and I'd really like to know what they are.
They are hard, white, just under the skin and filled with a sort of puss. They don't hurt, they don't itch and they don't spread. My entire sack is covered in them and I cant seem to get rid of them. I tried breaking them and squeezing the puss stuff out and that makes them get smaller for a while but they always come back. The lumps are all different sizes ranging from probably 1/8 of and inch to 1/2 inch in diameter.
Does anyone know what they might be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2011
Experienced User
If you are worried about lumpiness of the skin of the scrotum, look at the section on lumps on the scrotum. If you feel a lump within the scrotum, on or alongside your testicle, you must see your doctor straight away. Also see your doctor if one testicle feels enlarged and heavy, or if when you squeeze it gently it feels much firmer than the other side. In all these cases, it could be a cancer of the testicle. This is the most common type of cancer to affect young men in their 20s and 30s (but it can occur at any age). About one in 500 men will develop cancer of the testicle before the age of 50, but the good news is that it can be completely cured in more than 95% of cases. The earlier it is picked up, the better.

In fact, most swellings in the scrotum turn out to be non-cancerous. For example, it is common to have small lumps and cysts in the epididymis and in the spermatic cord. Surgeons do not usually remove these non-cancerous cysts unless they are large and troublesome. It is important that all lumps in the scrotum are examined by a doctor, so even if you think the swelling is non-cancerous have it checked anyway. If your doctor is not sure, he/she will arrange for you to have an ultrasound scan (which is painless).
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: lumps, skin
Quick Reply