Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Hard to breathe , chest pain

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I am a healthy 25 y/o female. I'm 5'4" tall and 125lbs. I don't smoke. I drink but just a little and infrequently/very rare. As far as I know, I don't have any health problems. Two to 3 days ago I started experiencing some odd symptoms. Hard to breathe (feel like I'm choking, palpitation and mild dizziness. This morning, I woke up, take a bath, eat breakfast and go to work. On my way to my office, I started feeling that it's hard to breath again and i feel like i have a hang over even though i don't drink any alcohol. This Kind of feeling last until after my wy work. On my way home at the bus, I feel that it's "harder" to breathe and i'm experiencing chest pain (again, feels like I'm choking). I feel that my heart beat is a bit faster than my normal. I don't know when it will last. This is my first time experiencing this kind of symptoms. I hope this is not serious as it is. In regards to food I'm a healthy eater and my potassium foods intake i thnk is quite good, except that i don't eat banana's. That's the only potassium foo that I dont eat. Please help me...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 12th, 2010
i have the same thing im 14 male and 110 pounds oh and 5'6 very healthy and athletic. Ok ive had this for 2 1/2 months now and im here to tell you dont worry its just ANXIETY. Because i get this random neck tightness its hard to breathe 24/7 and chest pains ive had a heart scan and EKG both twice. everything fine along with my lungs. I have been given anxiety meds but have yet 2 them. hope this helps so u dont get scared and freak out oh and i get this irritational cough 2. so dont be scared just practice breathing exercises you will be fine you just worried. =)
|
Did you find this post helpful?