Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Hard time tracking ovulation

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
My periods have become slightly irregular the past couple of months. I usually have a regular 25 day cycle give or take a day, but the past 3 cycles went from 26 days to 24d to 27d...I know, I know, not a worry right? That's probably normal, but its making it harder to keep track of when I ovulate. I am not trying to conceive, but rather trying to be extra careful during that time. I have an application on my phone that helps me keep track, but it's not 100% guaranteed. I also have ovulation cramps? the days following the application's predictions of when I'm fertile and ovulate. I was wondering what you girls do to keep track of your ovulation?
Wink Thanks soo much in advance. You girls on here have really helped me out. Wink
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 13th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Ocean Queen, Your cervical mucus is a good indicator of ovulation (it is the human version of the female baboon's red ass when she is in heat LOL).

When it is wet and very stretchy (like raw egg whites), you are fertile. The second 'dry' day after ovulation should be safe again. Google 'fertility awareness method' (FAM) for more information. Fertilityfriend (dot com) is a good source for information and they have a very good free online training course.

If you are Catholic, the churches runs many courses teaching FAM for avoiding conception.

I also track my basal body temperature in combination to my cervical mucus to track it on an iPhone app. I used to use a PC program for it but the iPhone is much easier when traveling. Just make sure it is password protected. You do not want to loose your phone and have that info out there LOL.

Take care.
|

replied March 20th, 2010
Experienced User
Oh believe me, I definitely have a password on there. Wink Thank you Susan!
|