Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Hard, swollen and painful Clitoris

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
A few days age I noticed that my clitoris was a bit larger than usual but didn't really think anything of it. But this morning it is really quite swollen and now seems to have a hard lump inside it, it also hurts when pressed.
I have no discharge or anything else out of the ordinary...

What could it be?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper UnknownABC
|

replied November 24th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
CherryRose, This can mean that your clitoris is irritated and engorged with blood (erect) because of this. Did you recently started using a new spray, washing powder or soap?

Where is the lump? In the hood's skin, the clitoris, under or next to it? I will suggest that you pull the hood back to see if there are anything you can see.

It can be an infection like a yeast infection (yeast can be around your vulva as well, it does not have to be inside the vagina).

Do you regularly wash under your clitoral hood with clean water? Smegma can form under your hood. Smegma is a combination of the oils and dead skin cells that can form hart white objects if not cleaned out.

Best of luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?