Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Hard pebble-like stool

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I am a 38 yr old male. I quit smoking about two months ago. I smoked for 20 years. While smoking, I still worked out everyday (running, swimming, push-ups, sit-ups) and never had a problem passing stool. Since I quit smoking, it seems as though my body is holding on to stool for longer than it used to. I admit that since I quit smoking, I work out even more. I drink plenty of water and I eat pretty healthy. I also eat plenty of fiber, but my stool is pebble-like, hard and uncomfortable. I always feel like I am not done either. Only when I eat large amounts of food (like a buffet) do I pass what I consider to be a normal movement. I am confused as to what is going on with my body. Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|