Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

hard pea sized lump on the back side of my head/skull.

User Profile
I have a hard pea sized lump on the back right side of my head/skull. It just showed up a couple of days ago. It seems to be connected to the back of my skull by my ear. It does not move at all. And hurts to touch it. I have not been sick or feverish. I am going to go to the doctor but I am scared and would like to know what it could be.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2011
Bone Cancer Answer A23100
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Lump on the back of head can be due to various reasons as sebaceous cyst,infection,boney spur etc.It requires a proper examination of the lump size,growth,consistency,associated symptoms if any to comment on it.
Consider visiting a Physician for evaluation of the lump and if required investigations as MRI scan which will help in diagnosis and then start the treatment accordingly.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.