Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Hard, painful lump behind left ear

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
I'm a healthy, 19 year old female who has recently been under a lot of stress. Just two days ago I suddenly started experiencing a dull, radiating pain that seems to spread from directly behind my ear to parts of my lower left jawbone. The hard painful lump came up very suddenly and I'm wondering if it's a serious condition that I should immediately get checked out or if I should wait a few weeks to see if it goes down. A lot of people are suggesting TMJ, yet I've never had any problem with nighttime grinding, and I don't have any wisdom teeth anymore. I don't feel many if any symptoms of a cold or anything, though I do feel slightly feverish. I was thinking it was to do with swollen lymph nodes, but again, I'm very unsure.
Did you find this post helpful?
|