Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Hard lymph node in groin

Hi I am 31 years old, and a little over a year ago I noticed a swollen lymph node in my groin. It is not painful at all, but it is about the size of a gumball or a marble. It is hard, and I can definitely feel it even with jeans on. I am always tired, but have contributed that to having 3 little ones and husband working nights. Forget, or block it out with a busy schedule and trying to take care of the kids and work but it's always in the back of my mind. Then I always talk myself out of going to the Dr, thinking it's probably nothing. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2009
While it is unlikely that a single non-enlarging lymph node (over the course of a year) is due to lymphoma (cancer of the lymph nodes), it is not completely impossible. You should, therefore, ask your doctor to have a look at it, and decide whether or not a biopsy is in order.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.