Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

hard lumps under skin

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I just got hard lumps under my skin and they hurt to touch, and they itch, and more of them keep showing up. they started on my legs and moved to my arms and i have one on the back of my ribs. i am really scared because no one can tell me what they are. plz help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 13th, 2009
I think it may be an allergic reaction to something?
I am having this same thing. They are like dime sized knots under skin. Painful to touch. Almost like a boil with no head. I have been looking all over the internet for answers. I get about 3-4 at a time in different places. They last about a week. Although, I have no known allergies....I did start on some new medicine at the early part of August.
|

replied September 22nd, 2009
Have you had an abscess or strep throat? I had hard knots under my skin but only on my lower legs. I didn't think about it at the time but later years I remember I was having a bad toothache. I couldn't eat anything and went to the doctor and he told me I had strep and gave me a shot. He said they weren't sure about the knots but they could be a side effect of the strep. I DON'T THINK SO. I think it was the poison in my system from the tooth pain.
|
Quick Reply