Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Hard lumps under incisions. Is this normal after lap surgery?

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
Hi. I had laparoscopic surgery 2 weeks ago to repair an inguinal hernia. Recovery has been great, with one exception. After 10 days, I noticed hard lumps under each of the 3 incision sites. Externally, the incisions look great (no oozing, no swelling). But internally, there are these hard lumps. The smallest lump is pea-sized, while the largest one is grape-sized. I don't feel pain and I have no fever.

Could these lumps could become keloids? Is this normal after lap surgery?

Thank you very much in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile CarolineEF
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi posthernia and welcome to ehealth: Give it some time to settle down...If after 6 weeks this is still bothering you then check back with the doctor...Come to think of it you probably have a 6 week check up at that time...If you are concerned before that time then call him/her...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank CarolineEF for this post: posthernia