Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Hard lumps on jaw for 7 months

Hi there!
My case is complicated by the fact that I have lived in like 10 different places in the last 7 months.

During my university exams in mid april, I noticed a small, moveable lump under the left side of my jaw. The lump is hard and has been the same size until about a month ago when it suddenly got larger. In may I found a large unmoveable lump on the right side of my neck, about where the sternocledomastoid muscle is. This has been the same size since. In June I found a large lump on the right side of my jaw, this was very painful to touch and grew very quickly. It is 2.2 cm long according to an ultrasound I had. Now, just yesterday there is a small pea size, visible lump in my right ear lobe, I don't have and never have had my ears pierced so I doubt its an earring infection. I am very tired all the time, have a fever of 99-100.5 every day at some point in the day, wake with night sweats, have constant headaches, and a weird pain in my left side just below my ribs, I get really dizzy sometimes, and sometimes when I stand up really quickly or after sitting down for a long period of time (ex. lecture) everything sort of goes black and blurry, this is hard to describe. I have never fallen over, but I simply stop and wait about 45 seconds and then slowly everything comes back, like you had turned the lights on with a dimmer.

I visited a doctor in april on my college campus who told me to take some tetracycline and go home for the summer. I left to go home and then saw a different doctor in NC, where I was interning for the summer. This doctor said I needed a needle biopsy, which my insurance wouldn't cover as a summer student from Canada. I returned home where my parents live and my doctor did one ultrasound of one lump, said it was most likely nothing to worry about, he also did a fasting blood work, and said I was very aniemic but didn't explain why. He refused to run any more tests and said that since I had been at college I probably picked up mono, although the mono test was negative and I didn't have relations with anyone at school.

Now I have moved back to the province where I go to school. But I don't have a GP just walk in appointments, and because I'm so tired I haven't had time to make one. I'm going to go in two weeks after midterms, but this is stressing me out to the max, I just want to know what it is. And don't have faith in my parents doctor who told me to leave it alone and it would go away, the lumps are only getting bigger, and it's been 7 months now.

Help please!
Thanks in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2009
Unfortunately, it is impossible to offer specific diagnoses to patients over the internet. Going only by the history that you have provided, however, it would seem appropriate for you to have a surgeon perform an excisional biopsy of one of these enlarged lymph nodes to rule-out lymphoma as a cause for your symptoms. Also, the precise cause of your anemia needs to be identified, rather than making simplistic assumptions about what might be causing it.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

http://doctorwascher.com

http://oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.