Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Hard lump under armpit, around groin, and in neck

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
All places where it's common to feel lymph nodes. All three lumps are hard and immovable, maybe about the size of a large marble. The lump in my neck is definitely "a lump" - I remember getting it checked out at the doctors, he said it was fine. I've had it for about 12 years now, and others in my family also have hard lymph nodes which they've had all their lives.

A few weeks ago, I found another hard lump in the space between my groin and leg. It's hard and immovable...but it also seems to be connected to the muscle. When I flex, it shifts.

Same for the one I just found this morning, under my armpit. It's like the muscle suddenly bulges out and becomes hard.

They don't hurt at all, and I haven't pulled anything. I do have that history of "hard lymph nodes". I know the easy answer is, "Go to the doctor's and get it checked out", but I don't have health insurance and am currently unemployed.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 6th, 2008
Also, I'm a 24 year old female, in great health as far as I know. I recently moved from Wisconsin (60 degrees) to Florida (90+ degrees), so maybe the weather change has something to do with it...?
|
Did you find this post helpful?