Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

hard lump on right wrist

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
My right wrist was diagnosed with tendonitis. I have recently developed a lump the size of a dime right below my thumb on my right wrist. What could the possible diagnosis be? Please help! It is very painful among pressure and it even hurts to move my hand.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper aprilhope
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2009
Supporter
I wonder if you could be getting some arthritic changes in your hand..ALso, if you have ever had an IV in that hand it can leave bumps that hurt as well..I have two and can't remember what the the doctor said I want to say calcium build up at injection site but don't think that correct..Also am wondering if a Bone Scan would be something you should have done..It just shows how your bones and what kind of changes if any are going on..It doesn't hurt and takes litterally a couple mintues..
|

replied March 21st, 2012
Lump on wrist after tendonitis
I have the same thing. I had tendonitis and had OT where they gave me excersises, ultra sound and a steriod injection. Finally got the inflamation under control then I developed a lump on the side of my hand almost were the wrist bone meets the thumb bone. Its hard and when I pinch it it feels like a mass not fluid. I thought it was a cyst. Not sure now. It doesn't move under my skin either. Not sure if I should get it checked or not. It doesn't really hurt unless I hit it hard.
|

replied November 5th, 2012
might be late but it could help :)
it could most likely be a ganglion cyst as its most common in women in their 20's-40's
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganglion_cyst
|

replied March 8th, 2014
solution to lump after tendonitis
it is probably just build up of fluid, even though it feels hard as bone. What you could ask your doctor yo do is to prick it with a clean needle and see if most of the fluid doesn't automatically come out (jelly-like blank fluid).

sourcr: i have had tendonitis in my wrtist for many years and have a lump like this. every now and then it gets bigger, but when pricked with a needle, fluid comes out and it becomes small again. It is a little tender for a day or two after doing this, and so it might look larger from swelling. but then the swelling goes down and it looks fine. Please let a doctor do this, though, so you are sure not to damage anything and not to get the wound infected.
|
Quick Reply