Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Hard lump on lower jaw

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
User Profile
Recently I have felt something hard on lower left part of my jaw.This happens when I try to open my mouth at widest possible extent.It is continuing for past 5 days. Nowadays it is also causing a pain.Is it a symptom of oral cancer? Please help me.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 23rd, 2009
Cancers Answer A7989
It may be due to an enlarged salivary gland or lymph node. You should be examined by an ENT physician. (As an aside, I notice that you are a smoker. If you are concerned about the possibility of oral cancer, or other smoking-induced cancers, then you should strongly reconsider your smoking habit.)

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.