Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

hard lump on left side of my head almost at base of my skull

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I discovered a hard lump behind my ear almost at the base of my skull and I have had some severe head aches. hard lump on left side of my head almost at base of my skull
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 30th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy

replied April 3rd, 2011
lump in back of head
I had a lump on the bottom left side in the back of my head almost at the base for probably a couple of months. I felt it getting larger in the last two and in the last week I started getting headaches in the back of my head constantly. I got nervous because pain is not a good thing but I thought maybe because it was getting larger that it was leaning on a nerve. I went to my doctor a week ago and she said it was quite large and that it was probably a lipoma (benign tumor)and would have to be removed and that I should see a plastic surgeon and maybe a neurologist for the headache first. I saw 2 doctor friends of mine (husband and wife)and they both said that it looked like a lipoma and had to be removed and that I shouldnt even go to a neurologist because they would tell me not to worry. I scheduled an appointment and two days later went to the plastic surgeon who took one look and confirmed it and took it out on the spot. I thought they would have to schedule me in and be put out but I was so anxious to have it removed I told him to do it on the spot. He numbed the area and cut it out and stapled my head back. Ten minutes later I drove home and only had to take one motrin 6 hours later before bed. He said it was the size of a large walnut. They send it to Pathology to make sure it really is benign and I get the staples out in 10 days. I don't have any more headaches.
|

replied November 8th, 2012
Hi! I have been having migraines for two months now...these last few weeks I've had strange symptoms at night....I'll wake up with either night sweats or all over itching. This seems to only be at night. I've recently become very tired...so tired I feel as if I am heavily drugged. Dizzy and so fatigued. A couple of days ago, I noticed a pain at the back of my head just behind my right ear. There is a swollen lump there the size of a quarter. I'm now wondering if my headaches for the last two months have been stemming from here. I'm worried now that I've found this lump. I'm so tired and in pain I can barely function. Im so itchy....its weird. Please help.
|