Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

hard lump below knee

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have a hard lump on the lowermost area of my knee, it is slightly small than a ping pong ball size and it hurts when I push on it/put alot of pressure on it/or bump it against something. It is hard like a bone.
Also maybe a year or a year and a half ago, I got hit on that same spot with a crutch quite hard, which made the lump bigger.
could it have broken my knee cap?
also what can i do to fix this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 11th, 2010
Richard,
Did you have it checked out? What was it? My son is having the same issue.
|

replied August 11th, 2010
sorry i didnt get it checked out but it doesnt really impair my normal day-to-day life
im fine living with whatever it is and it doesnt hurt nearly as much if it gets hit anymore
however if you do decide to get it checked out please let me know Smile i would love to know what it is
thanks
|

replied August 12th, 2010
Hi,
I took him to the doctor and its Osgood Schlatters. Not serious, google it. It usually happens to boys 11-15 during growth spurts and it generally goes away when you stop growing.
|
Tags: lump, bone, ball and
Quick Reply