Medical Questions > Cancer > Testicular Cancer Forum

Hard lump above testicle

I have a fairly hard lump above my right testicle. It's not directly part of the testicle, but it may be attached to it. There is no pain in my scrotum, but there is a bit of pain in my inner thigh across from my scrotum which could be due to the fact that I ran about 3 miles a few days ago. I haven't checked myself out in some time, so I don't know if this is new or has been growing. Does anyone have any clue as to what this could be?

Thanks everyone,
Andrew
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper rocko22
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Do you find the lump located on the top of the testicle?
Can you check it and compare it with the other testicle?
Have you noticed redness, warmth and swelling of the scrotum?

The inner thigh pain that you feel is due to over running and inadequate pre and post running stretching. This pain arises from the inner thigh muscle, that allows your toes to turn thereby producing a balanced running.
Stop running for at least one week and after that do some mild stretching exercises for one week more, before starting to run again.

Waiting for your post!
Marija
|

replied January 15th, 2012
Hi I am 14. I have a hard lump at the top of my right testicle. There is no pain or redness but my right testicle is bigger than my left. Could you help me with what this is?
|

replied February 28th, 2012
I have the exact same thing. its kinda sore. but higher than the right testicle. does anybody kno if this is serious? im 14 gonna be 15 too.
|

replied June 6th, 2008
I'm beginning to think there is a good chance this may just be a cyst due to the fact that I have had those in the past and this lump does not seem to be a part of the the testicle. It seems to be more free-floating than anything. The other testicle has nothing however, but I have yet to notice any redness, warmth, or swelling.

Thank you so much for the help,
Andrew
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You are welcome!

Have you experienced some trauma or infection in that region recently?
What kind of cysts you were having previously?

I guess you have developed spermatic cyst (spermatocele, epididymal cysts).
This is a common type of painless, benign cyst raising adjacent to the epididymis (part where sperm is collected) near the top of the testicle.

This cyst usually don't need to be treated unless the person has symptoms (increasing in size and becoming painful).

Anyway, it will be nice to visit a doctor and get this checked with an ultrasound.
|

replied January 27th, 2012
Hi i had a surgery to that type of Cyst.Will it be a mistake for going to that surgery.Please reply me
|

replied June 11th, 2008
I haven't experienced any trauma or infection in the region, but I don't know what kind of cyst it was that I had last time. Either way, I already have an appointment for a doctor visit scheduled and will be looking into getting an ultrasound.

Thanks again,
Andrew
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You are welcome!
Hope everything goes well for you!
Please, inform me about the ultrasound results!
Marija
|

replied June 12th, 2008
Thanks. I'll definitely tell you how it goes.

- Andrew
|

replied December 27th, 2008
cysts
just a question;
what's the maximum time for a cyst to be on the testicle?
|

replied April 8th, 2010
Hard Lump above right testicle
Am 25yrs old. Im not sure how long i''ve had it, but i just noticed it the other week. There is a round lump of.. something above my right testicle, which has been hanging lower than usual lately. the lump is roughly 1/5 the size of my testicle, and doesn''t cause me any pain whatsoever. does anybody have any idea what this may be?
|

i do had that like you.i went for surgery to that.Now am thinking that will it effect my sexual life.Please dont go for sugery before asking your doctor.iam thinking now that am i done a mistake by going for that susgery.
|

i had a Cyst in the right one.I went for surgery,after sugery am getting pain to right testis.Now am thinking am i done any mistake of going to sugery.please suggest
|
Quick Reply