Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

hard lump above clitoris

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I recently discovered a hard lump about the size of a pea above my clitoris, slightly off to my left. It doesn't hurt. I've read about Bartholin's cysts but it doesn't seem like my lump is in the the right place to be one of these. I'm worried, please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper grobinso
|

replied December 2nd, 2009
The lump is getting larger! Please help!!
|

replied December 2nd, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Grobinso, If it is above your clitoris its probably got nothing to do with your genitals. If it is not an ingrown hair or something like that, seek medical help.
|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2009
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum

It is difficult to comment without examining the lump. A pea size lump above the clitoris could be a blocked sebaceous gland, an infection of the hair follicle, a lymph node or even a neurofibroma (collection of nerve and fibrous tissue, usually harmless). If you have a vaginal discharge or smell, then it could be a swollen lymph node.

The other possibility is that it is a genital wart. At times vulvar cancer presents with a swelling above the clitoris (though this is rare and the last differential diagnosis).

You can discuss these possibilities with your gynecologist. A PAP smear and a STD panel must be done. Hope this helps. Take care!
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.