Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

hard large lump in scrotum

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
My husband has found a large hard lump in his scrotum that doesn''t seem to be attached to his testicle. It''s on his left side. Not painful but becoming irritating. He noticed it about 5 days ago. He has an ultrasound tomorrow morning. The doctor thinks it''s probably a hydrocele that has solidified. I was wondering, if it doesn''t seem to be attached to his testicle than do you think we can definitely rule out a tumor? I know we will know more tomorrow afternoon but I hate waiting. I looked on the internet to see about a hydrocele becoming solid and hard but found nothing. It''s about the size of a peanut still in the shell and hard. Thanks,
Carrie
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper carrie1berrie2
|

replied May 5th, 2010
I have a similar situation. I have discovered a spherical mass approximately 1.5cm in diameter, which is mostly hard. It is not attached to the testicle and is on the left side.

I am out of country, and am arranging for a flight home to seek testing and treatment.

My fear is of a tumour. I also wonder if this is possible.

The pain is dull, it feels unusual, and sometimes feels like water is being dripped on it when at random times whether sitting or standing.
|

replied May 7th, 2010
iv got something like this im 17 and on my right side not attached to my testicle about 2 cm wide with a little white pimple on the top like a spot and its a solid lump under the skin not attached to anything i found it 2 days ago and it just appeared out of nowhere over night when i squeese it sometimes puss comes out i dont realy want to go doctors yet but can any1 on here tell me what it is plez?
|

replied May 7th, 2010
iv got something like this im 17 and on my right side not attached to my testicle about 2 cm wide with a little white pimple on the top like a spot and its a solid lump under the skin not attached to anything i found it 2 days ago and it just appeared out of nowhere over night when i squeese it sometimes puss comes out i dont realy want to go doctors yet but can any1 on here tell me what it is plez?
|

replied May 7th, 2010
Also what did the doctor say to ur husband it was?
|

replied May 8th, 2010
well, all is well, thank god...It was an abcess. I wouldn''t have guessed it cause it felt like it was really way inside his scrotum but I was inside attached to his skin i guess. hope all is well with you all, get it checked out!!
|

replied May 17th, 2013
Lump in testicle
I have exactly this problem but I got it inside my right testicle not attached to the testicle its like a ball with a little tail if that makes sense, it also seems to be growing aswell but not at a fast rate just at a small rate.
|

replied November 14th, 2013
testicle
I have a hard lump on my right testicle
|
Quick Reply