Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Hard growth under ankle bone

User Profile
I noticed a hard (bone like) growth under my right lateral ankle bone a few months ago. I am now experiencing pain that comes and goes continuously throughout the day. The pain lasts only a few seconds. It is not related to activity. The hard growth is not tender to touch. I have no recall of injury to this ankle. What would you suggest?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2010
Bone Cancer Answer A10939
It is not possible to provide a specific diagnosis over the internet. However, this lesion may represent an overgrowth of bone, known as an osteoma.

Because I cannot examine you (obviously), you will have to see an orthopedic surgeon, and you will likely require x-rays of this area, in order to rule-out potentially more serious abnormalities.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.