Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

2 hard bumps on back of my neckare Very tender to the touch

User Profile
Hello and thank you very much in advance. I realize how important your time is, and thank you for volunteering to answer medical questions!
I have always noticed hard small lumps. I have a reoccurring one in my groin area under the skin moves and is about pea sized. I had to have a cyst or some such lanced and stuffed with some stuff about 6 years under my armpit, and those reoccur occasionally but have not had to have one removed again since then.
Currently I have 2 hard bumps on the back of my neck, directly under the skull, on either side of the spine. These usually don't bother me except for when I have a headache, but they have grown recently and are VERY tender to the touch. Today the right side is very painful but seems to be smaller. I also have a bloody runny nose, no other cold symptoms.

Should I wait for my doctors appointment or go to Urgent Care? I am worried it needs to be lanced, or worse, is lymphoma.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2012
Lymphoma Answer A31907
Hello and welcome to e health forum. ‎

The probability of cancers is very less likely, considering your young age. Symptoms like persistent ‎fever, weight loss, night ‎sweats along with multiple enlarged, painless lymph ‎‎‎nodes may indicate ‎conditions like lymphoma or ‎cancer‎. ‎

The description of the bumps given by you indicate them to be a inflammed lymph node or a infected ‎cysts. Such lesions increase in size with time, and hurt when pressure is applied. Treatment with ‎antibiotics might help to treat the infection. Anti-inflammatory medications like Advil, will help in ‎reducing the pain. ‎

In case the abscess is fluctuant, it may need to be drained by a incision and drainage procedure, which ‎can be done in your doctors office. ‎
‎
Hence for proper treatment, you might consult with your doctor, who can ‎‎examine ‎you and provide a ‎proper advice.‎

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.