Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Hard bumps inside vagina

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
So i have herpes and got diagnosed about 16 months ago, just recently i started noticing hard bumps inside my vagina and they wont go away... i was wondering if this could be an outbreak? And i visit the doctor regularly, but lately I've been noticing a white discharge since the bumps start and bad smell...
HELP???? Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Genital herpes lesions inside the vagina and at the cervix, can be manifested with vaginal discharge, vaginal discomfort and pelvic pain.
Usually, the herpes lesions are like blisters resulting in small ulcers and can be seen during gyn examination.
Since these bumps are hard, it is a good idea to get checked for genital warts, too.
Genital warts located inside the vagina or at the cervix can give light vaginal bleeding and/or vaginal discharge.
|

replied May 20th, 2009
The only thing i'm concerned about is i've been having sexual intercourse with my boyfriend for 18 months, after i knew i had herpes, he is aware of it and recently tested positive for herpes too. But wouldn't he of tested positive for genital warts aswell? As meaning we've been protected several of times when i've noticed these bumps? Thanks so much for your help!
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Another possible scenario is these bumps to be a sebaceous cysts.
They can appear at the vulva or at the vaginal opening as a painless, slow-growing small bumps or lumps that move freely on touch.
Occasionally, infection of sebaceous cysts may occur, with symptoms of tenderness and foul smelling drainage.
There are, also, other possible diagnosis for these bumps.
It is important to get checked by gynecologist!

Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied May 21st, 2009
My reply
Well thank you...
One more questions, they aren't deadly are they? Cysts? Like cancer? I will go get checked, but what happens if i untreat it, since i ignored it for a while... scared of going back into the doctor. How do we get these??
Thanks so much

I also just found out i have a yeast infection, and bumps can form where in moist areas due to yeast infections, is this true? If you know
|