Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

hard Breathing - feel like my chest is blocked from center?

Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
User Profile
I am a girl- 21 years old. Everytime i have to take hard breaths, which annoys me so much. I took the hard breaths every 5-10 minutes or 10-15 minutes. I also feel like my chest is blocked from center. And i really had to take a hard breath to fill my lungs, bcz i feel suffocated sometimes. In class, when we students are in a same long bench, i feel suffocated there too, breathing hard, want to move out from there. It also occurs when i use stairs to go on the next floor. I usually get headaches too, once in a week or once in two weeks. I sweat a lot, more than any of my friends do. Headache along with my hard breathing is a problem with me. What should I do? Please reply.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2012
Especially eHealthy
Sgemini,

Since this concerns you a lot, you should see your physician. You can be checked to see if you have some type of restrictive pulmonary problem. If you do, then that can be treated.

However, a lot of patients with trouble breathing, feelings of being suffocated, sweating, etc are actually having problems with anxiety. So, you may also have to be checked for that.

Good luck.
|

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2012
Thanks for your reply!
Dr. gave me combivair rotacaps for inhalation.
|

replied October 3rd, 2012
Breathing problems
I am having a similar problem. I have had this about 8 years ago and now I am symptomatic again. I have had cardiac and lung work up for asthma and breathing tests. Nothing abnormal. Even blood clotting test is normal. I can't take a deep breath and sometimes when I lay down i can't breath without having to sit up. Worse this time around. Now my lungs feel full like foggy. Have pulmonary appt in two weeks. Stress makes it worse. Sometimes even my neck hurts when I try to take a deep breath. Do you think it could be cervical? Anyone have this occurance?

Thanks,
Lidia
|
Quick Reply