Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Hard bloated belly with stabbing pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
about 24 hrs ago a sudden spell of nausea and stomach aching came on. The pain in my abdomen started to build. It didnt feel like normal stomach flew, I threw up because of intense pain. I took the appropriate dosage of Pepto Bismol and the nausea/gas symptoms went away. The next morning I woke with the same pain and loss of appetite. throughout today anything I eat makes it more painfull so I havent eaten much. I can centralize the pain more now to my right side a little lower than my belly button. I have been reading about appendicits and it seems I have all the symtoms. hard, bloated belly, very tender to touch and when pressed and released its even more painful. It hurts to bend down or pick anything up. I noticed last night the pain moving throughout my abdomen like a fireball, with knives attached taking turns burning and stabbing. I dont have insurance nor the money to waste if it isnt serious... should I seek medical attention??

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2010
Abdominal Pain Answer A10879
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am glad to help you out.

Considering the symptoms & signs which you have described, a possibility of appendicitis can’t be ruled out.

I don’t think you should ignore your symptoms & should get yourself evaluated further by a surgeon.

You might need further investigations like ultrasound or CT scan abdomen for the confirmation of the diagnosis. I sincerely hope this information helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.