Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

hard and sore nipples

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
I have PCOS and my doctor has told me I can still get pregnant with PCOS. I havent had a period in 2 months but my doctor said its ok to be without right now and i can still get pregnant. The past week I've been expiercing hard/sore nipples to the point it hurts to touch or squeeze. I feel some nausea but no vomiting and only last for some minutes. I had never before had my nipples feel like this before and I have no discharge coming out from my nipples. I dont know whats going on I never had my nipples be sore or hard,PLEASE HELP!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 8th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Have you talked to your doctor about he reasons you may have sore nipples? Do you feel it is due to pregnancy? If you ever are concerned you may be pregnant, take a pregnancy test or go see your doctor to have him do a pregnancy test.
|

replied May 8th, 2008
hard/sore nipples
no I havent said anything to my doctor yet about my sore nipples because it just started bout 1 week ago and I have an upcoming appointment with my doctor next week and im going to tell her then bout the situation. Last time I had sex with my husband was about 2 weeks ago so i dont know if i am pregnant, I really hope i am because I've been trying to concieve but its hard because I have PCOS.
|

User Profile
replied May 12th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Well, since you have PCOS, you are dealing with weird hormonal problems- which can cause sore/hard nipples. Pregnancy could cause that as well.

The only way you'll know is to test!
|

replied May 12th, 2008
I took a pregnancy test on saturday and it was negative so i dont know whats going on. but i have a GYN appointment tomorrow so i'll get more into details with my doctor then. I wish i really was pregnanat but i dont know yet until i speak with my doctor.
|

replied May 13th, 2008
i have really sore nipples but not on the actuall breast i have mild cramping abit liek period pain i have missed my pill a number of times i am also finding it really hard to keep my eyes open but i did a test it cam back negative .....?????? can any one tell me if i myt of tested 2 early because i havnt been sick yet ..
|

replied May 14th, 2008
i have really sore white nipples i have been told i am pregnant, but i took a home pregnency test and it said negitive, alot of people told me i shoud go take a blood test.
|

replied February 6th, 2011
I am pre-menapause nipple are sore and hard not on any meds NOT pregnant, about 4 days..this has been the last two months have had blood test, colon, thyroid . you name I had it Im 51 good looking years old...what is it. I don't see any answers on this page just what we feel is there a point here. We want some helpful answers ???????????? CAN YOU OR NOT?????????????????????????????
|

replied June 14th, 2013
sore nipples
my nipples hurt a lot i cant touch to much. i haven't took a pregnancy test but my tummy hurts as well as my back back.
|

replied June 23rd, 2013
breasts
Hi.. Can some1 help as have got sore nipples and done pregnacy test at home and came up negative so what could it be??
|

replied August 7th, 2013
Confuse
I have sore nipples and thry alsp hard i been feeling really tired also i been watery discharge for pastb2days and also i feel dizzy and feel like am going to vomit and i been getting really bad headaches i dnt no if i am pregnant i dnt want to take a test what it comes out negitive please help
|