Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

hard and painful lump on my back

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
hard and painful lump
hello some body,
please help me out here!
i have a hard lump on my lower back by the left side, but is not painful at all, and it has been there for almost a year now and having the same size as a quarter, then 4 months ago, another very small one came out again on the upper right side of my back and this small one is painful a bit and having the size of a cent and does not increases. but now i have some pains at my upper back. i really feel worried now. am a female of 33 years of age.
pls some one should give me a clue what this might be.

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2012
(online)
Welcome to e health forum.

It is very difficult to determine what the lumps could be from the description provided by you.

It is very essential for a physical examination to make a proper diagnosis.

Lumps on the lower back, lasting for long durations can be due to conditions like lipoma or sebaceous cysts. Most of these lesions are benign, and do not cause any issues. But in case you have symptoms like pain, redness, etc, they could be signs of infection in the lesions and may require surgical removal.

You might consult with your doctor, for a examination and proper medical advice.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.